• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balancing Diddy Kong

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Link to original post: [drupal=673]Balancing Diddy Kong[/drupal]

Diddy seeks to use bananas to establish stage control and allow consistently good approaches against the opponent to build damage.

Diddy has trouble against fast characters who can shut down his banana game.
<!--break-->
-U-Smash slightly overpowered.
+B seldom a good option compared to similar moves.

- Reduce U-Smash damage.

+ Reduce initial/ending lag on B.

Diddy is another character who I feel needs no change. He has a unique, developing playstyle and has a healthy spot in the metagame without any meddling on my behalf. The changes I listed are trivial personal preferences at best, and would almost certainly be thrown out the window in favor of changes suggested by Diddy mains.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I approve.

Even then, I don't think the popgun needs to be buffed at all.
Usmash isn't that bad, though. Though, if it got nerfed, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The thing is, it seems really rare that in any situation a Diddy should spend time using his slow, weak, and predictable projectile when that time could be spent managing bananas.

And, did you mean to say up-smash isn't that *good*? I dunno, maybe I'm just complaining, but it seems like a Diddy usmash is a relatively easy attack to pull off for how much it deals. He's not exactly Captain Falcon; he is chock full of damage potential as it is.

But again, I'm no Diddy main, and Diddy is a complex and technical enough character for that to mean something large when it comes to discussing him

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, the pop gun has a variety of uses. It's quite effective at intercepting recoveries and whatnot.

Maybe buffing it to travel a little faster uncharged.

As it stands, it is a pretty valuable (if underused) option to Diddy.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Right, his B is far from useless, and doesn't need any sort of overhaul. I just thought it would be a novel thing to improve. I think buffing the projectile speed when uncharged would take away most of the reason you'd ever want to charge it though...

Top Bottom