• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balance tweaks you'd like to see in the patch

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Buffing Pikachu when he already has a super safe neutral and shield pressure game? No thanks. Pikachu is already crazy enough as is, with only his trouble KOing keeping him in check. ZSS is fine really, y'all just need to adapt.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Why not? It would make the game more balanced.
If you think Sonic should be nerfed to balance the game then Sheik must be nerfed.

Because honestly, Sheik is better than Sonic.

And also, buffing everyone to Sheik's level to me is an ludicrous idea, because then characters would be so strong that matches would go so fast. And also, it would take a lot of time to buff every characters individually.

Buffing Pikachu when he already has a super safe neutral and shield pressure game? No thanks. Pikachu is already crazy enough as is, with only his trouble KOing keeping him in check. ZSS is fine really, y'all just need to adapt.
Yeah. What I am saying is, he want ZSS to be even better than she is now, which is crazy considering on how good she is. I myself don't have any problems with ZSS.

Pikachu? Now that's a different story.

Last edited:

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
If you think Sonic should be nerfed to balance the game then Sheik must be nerfed.

And also, buffing everyone to Sheik's level to me is an ludicrous idea, because then characters would be so strong that matches would go so fast. And also, it would take a lot of time to buff every characters individually.

Yeah. What I am saying is, he want ZSS to be even better than she is now, which is crazy considering on how good she is. I myself don't have any problems with ZSS.

The biggest thing that bothers me about Pikachu are his unfavorable trades against everyone, with moves like Ganon's fair for example. Even if you're someone strong like Ganon, who has aerials that muscle through everyone else's (therefore winning trades most of the time), but has below average start-up, here when you go up against Pikachu, it doesn't matter who you are (Luigi, Ness, Ganon, and other high priority characters), if you trade with Pika's aerial like that it will ALWAYS be unfavorable. That jank needs to be fixed. Anyone with below average start up in their moves will have a harder time with Pikachu than anyone else IMO, even if they manage to trade.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73

Yeah it'll take some time to buff them all. I don't care, it's Nintendo's job to make the game good.

Some people think that Sonic is the best character in the game, so your point on Sheik being better than Sonic is not provable.

Also, your reasoning for making games go fast is completely wrong. If they're all good, then the games will be all "normal" length games. Even if the games ended up going faster, there is always the ability to increase stocks to three or four.

ZSS is crazy good. I agree. She can still be buffed a little to compete better with Sheik and the rest of the cast. Pikachu can also be buffed to do better against all the characters. Also, Ganondorf would be buffed as well so why would you think that he wouldn't get smaller start up times? Your reasoning is insane.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah it'll take some time to buff them all. I don't care, it's Nintendo's job to make the game good.
I'm sorry, but you are just absolutely out of your mind if you think Nintendo would or should buff or nerf every character up or down to the level of a few, rather than nerfing said few. It just won't happen.

So everyone, 5 days left until that patch, I think. 5 days until Diddy's fall from grace. And the Luigi Empire rules! I mean, we have a nice, balanced game, yeah, that's it. Praying with all my heart they buff Jigglypuff. Buff the Puff, if you will. Ike, too. I want to see Ike taking some names.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
I'm sorry, but you are just absolutely out of your mind if you think Nintendo would or should buff or nerf every character up or down to the level of a few, rather than nerfing said few. It just won't happen.

So everyone, 5 days left until that patch, I think. 5 days until Diddy's fall from grace. And the Luigi Empire rules! I mean, we have a nice, balanced game, yeah, that's it. Praying with all my heart they buff Jigglypuff. Buff the Puff, if you will. Ike, too. I want to see Ike taking some names.
Out of my mind? I'll leave you to your own opinion, but it's happened before. They already have stats in the game via equipment, so increasing damage/speed/defense(weight) should be doable, not to mention decreasing landing lag on character because of Smooth Lander equipment being in the game. It'll make the game so much better if everyone had the capabilities of Sheik in this game. One can hope, right?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Out of my mind? I'll leave you to your own opinion, but it's happened before. They already have stats in the game via equipment, so increasing damage/speed/defense(weight) should be doable, not to mention decreasing landing lag on character because of Smooth Lander equipment being in the game. It'll make the game so much better if everyone had the capabilities of Sheik in this game. One can hope, right?
That's what this thread's for, hoping. But I'd think you'd be actually somewhat reasonable in your hopes. I don't think you know exactly what you're asking for and why there's no way it'd happen.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Ike, too. I want to see Ike taking some names.

Ike is legit good character already. He is just... unpopular... stuff like that.

Lagless wall of aerials that AC + weight of 107 + range + powah + medium speed + combo game = Ike. What? Y'all expect me to write down broken or something?

But nah, Ike is already got buffed last patch. Unless there is something really obvious that my thick mind missed, I don't think they should buff Ike again.

(What is wrong with me today?)

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Ike is legit good character already. He is just... unpopular... stuff like that.

Lagless wall of aerials that AC + weight of 107 + range + powah + medium speed + combo game = Ike. What? Y'all expect me to write down broken or something?

But nah, Ike is already got buffed last patch. Unless there is something really obvious that my thick mind missed, I don't think they should buff Ike again.

I don't see what unpopular has to do with anything. Ike may be good, but he still doesn't have what it takes to deal with most of the cast, namely fighters faster than him like Sheik or Sonic, and projectile zones like Sheik or Mega Man. There are some really good Ikes out there like ThePhenomenalEE, but there'd be more if Ike was up to par with some of the other characters. Really, if Ike just had his Shockwave attack instead of Eruption, that'd be fine. Or maybe the disgusting range he had in Brawl.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
That's what this thread's for, hoping. But I'd think you'd be actually somewhat reasonable in your hopes. I don't think you know exactly what you're asking for and why there's no way it'd happen.
I know what I'm asking for. If they had to do it all from scratch, that would be insane, but since there is stuff in the game that will greatly assist in buffing and nerfing these characters, it's not as insane as you think it is.

Ike may be strong, but a lot of his stuff his pretty slow. I'd love to see him buffed, especially his recovery. He has great horizontal and vertical recovery, but his diagonal recovery is terrible.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well, it's not Melee bad, but it's damn sure not balanced. Besides, Fox was a hard character to play, that didn't make him any less broken.

Last edited:

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Well, it's not Melee bad, but it's damn sure not balanced. Besides, Fox was a hard character to play, that didn't make him any less broken.
Fair point. Sheik isn't broken though. Probably the best in the game, but not broken.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's somewhat balanced but there are quite a few characters who clearly have serious issues that need to be fixed. Diddy's ridiculous up air, Sheik's lag, or should I say lack there of. Then there's the opposite end of the spectrum with characters like meta knight who was overly nerfed, same with falco. Then there's just characters who are just plain bad like wii fit trainer or Zelda or Samus etc with design problems that need fixing

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Maybe not, but there will be a balance patch, and it will likely reflect whoever complained about things the loudest.

And competitive players are the only ones really available to cater to for Mewtwo and Lucas and beyond. Players who don't care have probably already put the game down after emulating their Mario vs Sonic fantasies.

Either way, if anyone balances any game, they'd need a reason to. Which means some sort of feedback, and some sort of proof. At the very least there will be balance feedback based off of Apex, and any other Nintendo-sponsored event since.

I anticipate Apex crowd reaction and finalists being large dictators of the patch. Diddy is almost guaranteed to have something done to him, or many people may very well just give up on the game (what's the point in hoping?). Rosalina may receive some tweaking due to the Pacman match-up, and her gravitational pull may be nerfed in some way, either by range or by endlag.

Other characters are up in the air. For all we know, Nintendo may be blissfully unaware of current tiers and nobody will be buffed since there's no evidence that they need buffs. The catch 22 is nobody will play as weaker characters, and therefore, visually, there's no evidence these characters are weaker.

Of course this is really dumb speculation. It is the bare minimum, though.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I think at this point, it's pretty much guarenteed that Diddy will get the nerf hammer. I'm trusting Sakurai at least knows about that. Really, as long they nerf Sonic, Yoshi, and Sheik, I'll live. The big day's tomorrow... Of course, then this will become horribly irrelevant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom