• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair to Hookshot

rhan

Smash Hero
I don't understand how the bair is suppose to connect into a hook shot....

It sounds pretty flashy though. And flashiness usually isn't that useful.. But it can possibly break the spirit of the opponent if you smack them in the face with the chain.

Skler

Smash Master
The bair -> grab is is extremely situational and only works if your opponent doesn't predict it (they usually don't). That said, it's good when it works.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
It doesn't work very often for me, Many times my opponent jumps, WD's, or has damage too high to pull it off.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
lol reverse grabbing? hmm, well yeah the technique is a very nice combo starter.
it's like, a safer way to attempt a grab. theres a small frame which they can escape after the bair, so even if they did see it coming, if they don't react quick enough (a good player will react if they see it coming [which they probably won't]), they still get grabbed.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yeah, I should have made what I was talking about a bit more clear, Rhan. I'm not using zair I should have said bair to turn around hookshot while on the ground. Thanks for the advice on this everyone.
Yeah I realised what you were talking about after rewatching a few Germ vids and reading Skler's post. It's really useful but easy to avoid once the opponent catches on.

lol reverse grabbing? hmm, well yeah the technique is a very nice combo starter.
it's like, a safer way to attempt a grab. theres a small frame which they can escape after the bair, so even if they did see it coming, if they don't react quick enough (a good player will react if they see it coming [which they probably won't]), they still get grabbed.
^^

*Co-Signs*

Shaeman111

Smash Ace

Yeah I realised what you were talking about after rewatching a few Germ vids and reading Skler's post. It's really useful but easy to avoid once the opponent catches on.

^^

*Co-Signs*
oh well yeah, it's like every other technique. You can avoid anything if you see it coming!
just don't see it coming too late! like, you know that fox's upsmash is coming, but you don't see it coming until you get dash attacked, by then it's too late because it combos into the upsmash. So be prepared! Just like link's reverse grab. Or anything else in any video game. =P

EDIT: *Any WELL PUT TOGETHER videogame.
Sometimes you STILL can't help things, even if you see them coming. But that means the game is broke lolz.

Skler

Smash Master
The bair -> hookshot pretty much works once a match unless it's your Link Signature Move™

People will catch on to it after getting caught once (most of the time) since it's fairly devastating to get grabbed by Link for characters it works against. Then you just time dash attacks after bairs to hit them during their double jump. Bam!

cjugs

Smash Ace
I think that bair to hookshot is going to work alot because as long as they hit the ground they are in landing stun or whatever but if they try and DJ idk but peole have tried it with me and i always get it.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
The bair -> hookshot pretty much works once a match unless it's your Link Signature Move™

People will catch on to it after getting caught once (most of the time) since it's fairly devastating to get grabbed by Link for characters it works against. Then you just time dash attacks after bairs to hit them during their double jump. Bam!
Skler, you're hilarious.

Zodiac

Smash Master
most people will just spot dodge out of it after the first time. of course after the first time just wait for the spot dodge, and after its done twice do bair>slash or bair to whatever you feel like, maybe a launcher so you can combo them

4 Aces

Smash Ace
most people will just spot dodge out of it after the first time. of course after the first time just wait for the spot dodge, and after its done twice do bair>slash or bair to whatever you feel like, maybe a launcher so you can combo them
You talking about any kind of slash or dash attack?

Top Bottom