• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bair abuse

Ezkl

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I was just watching that video, you abused that thing like crazy. By the way does Toon Link still have the Boot as his N-air?

Sliverstorm

Smash Cadet
his nair is sword slashing in front/behind. I was a little disappointed.
his bair is (as i recall) one slash behind him
X iLink X: oh yes does it spike... :)

Fonz

Smash Ace
I don't think you quite understand the implications of that thread. Spamming KO moves will diminish in power. Having your combo moves diminish in send is beneficial, not the other way around. As you continue your bair combo, their % goes up, in melee that increase in % would make chaining the same combo eventually impossible. If the knockback also decreases you'll be able to do weak combos longer than you normally could. The bair is not a finishing move, you can spam it to hell til they're at kill % then do a dair fsmash uair or some other kill move.

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
Wait, his nair is the same as Marth's now? No more bootwall? ;_;
yessssssssssssssss young link can actually stand his own
sakurai did NOT make this crap, lucas only has a bit of clonage but still unique
they made toon link hold his own with a link/marth combo plate and he has way more speed now
ganon FEELS like ganon now, he doesnt even look close to CF, he moves way differently
and falco was 60% changed with dif movements as well
not bad... everyone else is 100% unique
wolf is nothing like fox or falco
i mean he has a blaster and a new reflector...with a KB rush but then again doesnt every star fox character?
how would u declone that?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Nice :) Here's hoping his Dair spikes like young link's
it does. plus, it alwayss spikes, even if you used it above them. course, if you miss, it's hard to recover, but that was always the case. The only bad thing is that it's minus a really powerful killing aerial.

Saigo

Smash Rookie
Wait, his nair is the same as Marth's now? No more bootwall? ;_;
****, that sucks. The Boot of Justice was my signature move with Young Link =/

Oh well, I'll miss it, but with all these good differences that Hero of the Winds has, it'll help soften the loss :D

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
I don't think you quite understand the implications of that thread. Spamming KO moves will diminish in power. Having your combo moves diminish in send is beneficial, not the other way around. As you continue your bair combo, their % goes up, in melee that increase in % would make chaining the same combo eventually impossible. If the knockback also decreases you'll be able to do weak combos longer than you normally could. The bair is not a finishing move, you can spam it to hell til they're at kill % then do a dair fsmash uair or some other kill move.
Win, own, and frickin' sweet >>

Unfortunately, if the damage decrease on his B-Air is too great, for example, doing
4% instead of 8%, thereby causing combos to take twice as long, wouldn't that be negative?
Or would the overall comboing ability given by this negate that?

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
Win, own, and frickin' sweet >>

Unfortunately, if the damage decrease on his B-Air is too great, for example, doing
4% instead of 8%, thereby causing combos to take twice as long, wouldn't that be negative?
Or would the overall comboing ability given by this negate that?
I don't think that they changed the damage given diminish from Melee.
In Melee, the damage gets half'ed only in the 10th hit.

Sliverstorm

Smash Cadet
on the bright side, his bair covers nearly 180 degrees and starts from the bottom which means not only is it easy to hit with, but you can hit people below you quickly and easily. what does this boil down to? you can charge at your opponent, flip the joystick the other way, jump, push the joystick back the way you were going to start, and hit the c-stick the direction you were going. Done correctly you end up jumping backwards and doing your bair at the enemy- and since it sweeps *up* it doesn't matter how short they are etc, you have a much easier time landing a hit than old fairs in meleee. also you conserve your momentum so it's just like a normal run jump- except your backwards.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
****, that sucks. The Boot of Justice was my signature move with Young Link =/

Oh well, I'll miss it, but with all these good differences that Hero of the Winds has, it'll help soften the loss :D
face it toon link doesn't have a long enough leg to do that move.

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
aw man.. their goes using young link bcuz he's low tier... i miss beating ppl with just his b-moves and wavedashing =P.. o well their's still Pika and the ICs! Thundice FTW!

Top Bottom