• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad spacing

balladechina212

Smash Ace
If I space an aerial poorly (say a nair or a fair right into someone's shield), I can fast fall, L-cancel, and immediately side step. How effective is this strategy in dodging shield grabs?

balladechina212

Smash Ace
So you're saying it won't work if they read my actions?
Well, what if the people I play with can't read me well? My question is whether or not it'll even work. In other words, if they shield grab at the right time, can I even spot dodge before I get grabbed?

Byped

Smash Cadet
yes, if the attack ends as you hit the ground..............

f-air is the best example..................

you can sh and f-air as you fast fall......

that way, the lagg from the attack on the shield will keep them stunned long enough for you to sidestep.

this only works if your still doing the attack when you hit the ground ( if you are still hitting thier shild ,causing lagg, as you hit the ground) this lagg gives you time to sidestep

pretty sure about this one...........

Juke

Smash Journeyman
Marth's side step takes too long. I usually just run through them, they grab, then I turn around and grab them. I'm pretty sure that works as long as it's an aerial that is shffled properly.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Well if your spacing is bad for your aerials correct it. Shield grabbing wont be a problem if u space your atks correctly. Good spacing is a "must have" for marth if you want to even try to compete in tourny play.

Top Bottom