• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bad Final Smash???

OriginalVillain

Smash Cadet
I'm confused, why has nobody said Luigi's? If you just jump you avoid any status changes, and then all you have to do it avoid Luigi himself until the screen changes back.

Browny

Smash Hater
So many final smashes are stage dependant.

PK startstorm skyworld, anyone?
Aura beam on shadow moses island is also incredibly good

then you get the percieved good FS's like landmaster which can be avoided very easily on delfino plaza, skyworld and olimars on any stage with platforms

anyway my vote goes to diddy

its so easy to roll dodge when he comes to ram you, and spot dodge the peanuts. then you eat every peanut he shoots, and up recovering more damage than you will ever end up taking. also characters with a counter can avoid him completely. lucario for example can spam double team and becomes untouchable

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
I believe the question was which FS was the most avoidable, in which case Zamus definitely wins/loses. I don't mind switching between Samus/ZSS, and it can OHKO, but you need to be on top of your opponent to present any real threat.

Lucario's Aura Storm does decent damage and the knockback of the final hit is actually pretty good, but it is EXTREMELY easy to avoid because you see it coming a mile away. Close 2nd place.

Galaxia Darkness and Blue Falcon both require some pretty good timing and prediction to hit reliably. The cape has a better hitbox, but the car has better results. Either way they're both easy to avoid.

Triple Finish and the Mario Finale may as well be the same move. Unless you're hit point blank, you're probably going to survive, and both of them are pretty easy to get around anyway.

Triforce Slash and Critical Hit are fast and deadly. They can be dodged, but they are far from the easiest to avoid.

Puff Up, the Starstorms, Palutena's Army, and Negative Zone lose a lot of effectiveness on larger stages, but in general are pretty good. Konga Beat is technically in this category, too, but I think it's absolute crap in general.

ROB's Diffusion Beam has short range, but just one hit will result in a lot of pain. It's also an AMAZING edgeguard.

Volt Tackle is ridiculously hard to control, but once you learn how, it's one of the best in the game.

flyingpork002

Smash Apprentice
i dont know why theres even an argument, on any stage larger than fd donkey kongs is 100 percent avoidable while lucarios might be 99 percent

Fugue

Smash Apprentice
What are you people on, the Negative Zone? ZSS's final smash isn't automatic or anything. Run at the opponent and then use it. Or, better yet, run at them, hit them when they try to escape what they know is coming, and then use it. It's not game-breaking, but it's not half bad either. It comes out fast and drags people in from a good distance.

Lucario's got the worst, I can't see any argument on it. Regardless of how you aim, it just moves too slow and doesn't cover enough range to hit anyone trying to dodge. But apparently, that wasn't enough, because the only way for it to do any damage is if Lucario is already almost dead, and the only way for it to KO is if both players are well over 100%.
That's assuming it hits, of course. Even on Shadow Moses, someone can wait on one side, then roll past it, run to the other wall, and triple jump when the beam starts to come back.
Oh, and Lucario is vulnerable to attack as soon as the beam ends. He can get smacked up while falling after the animation ends. Since, y'know, nearly everyone else gets a few seconds of free invincibility after theirs ends.

L 17

Smash Apprentice
Fugue summed it up perfectly. Lucario's final smash almost causes more trouble for him than other players.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
Killed a DDD ( at 20-30%) with zamus final smash , i got him near the edge in smash ville.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Hmm i think DK's is the worst, but maybe thats just because i cant keep a beat for the life of me. I usually just give up and just push A as fast as I can lol.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Peach. All you have to do is jump once, and free peaches for you.
no... some characters can't stay airborne long enough to avoid it, so jumping only delays their sleep, which is even better for peach... besides, it's actually decent when peach needs to heal herself

Mario's is the worst. it just doesn't KO unless you are already at the edge of the stage, it's really easy to airdodge, and if you are unlucky enoygh to get caught in it, you can DI up out of it taking less than 20 damage

juantendo8

Smash Cadet
Trust me when I say that ROB's final smash is definitely NOT bad. He becomes invincible for a long time and he can use his ENTIRE moveset in addition to his trapping beam. The reason most people think it is mediocre is because they play a mediocre ROB. A skilled ROB can easily get one KO from this and at least raise damage to a percentage where most attacks will kill. I believe he has the most technically difficult final smash of them all, and its usefulness is directly related to the user's skill. As a result, it has more potential than most final smashes.

As for most avoidable, definitely Lucario. Worst would be ZSS, mario, lucario.

iEatPikmin

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be unique and say Triple Finish.
I agree with Kirbykrew. You can jump during the animation where the, "It's Super Effective!" thing shows up.

Lucario- I just suck at dodging this. But I have dodged it by rolling around before. 3/10
Mario- No comment. I've never used this before. None of my friends have ever used it on me either. ?/10
ZSS- Turns you back into Samus... Other than that you could set up into this and get a OHKO. 3/10
Captain Falcon- I can't ever land this. It's a OHKO whenever I actually do though... 2/10
Donkey Kong- You can DI/jump out of it. It's short range (except the huge red wave thing). 1/10

On large stages:

King DDD- You have so much room to dodge his army. 3/10
Donkey Kong- Same as the above DK description, only the red wave is actually avoidable. 0/10
Luigi- His Negative Zone isn't as effective if you can run away from it. 4/10

On stages with lots of obstacles: <<<<< I'm think of New Pork City and Hyrule.

Sonic- Can't go through walls 3/10
Diddy- See Sonic. 3/10
Luigi- Same as before. 4/10
DK- 0/10

CONCLUSION:

DK has the worst final smash, follwed by Pokemon Trainer, then Lucario.

Hairbrother

Smash Cadet
My friend plays lucario and my other friend beats him as pit when final smashes are on and lucario wins with smashes off so i'd have to say lucario for the fail

Qlink

Smash Apprentice
How about ice climbers Final smash? i dont really see any use of it. IC cant climb it or what not. So I think IC has a bad final smash.

All transformations have good things and bad things
(Giga bowser, Rob if you count him with his lazer)
So since ROB is invinsaable for along time. and he has his lazers
How about WArIO...

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Jigglypuffs can be useful if you use it at the right time and place. In small stages its a definite KO. On medium stages its a great edgeguard if used at the right place and time. On large stages its almost useless.

ZSS' is probably the worst. You can DI out of it fairly easily. Plus ZSS is way better than Samus so having to transform blows. If my opponent is someone with a weak Fsmash I'll usually let them get it.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Hmm i think DK's is the worst, but maybe thats just because i cant keep a beat for the life of me. I usually just give up and just push A as fast as I can lol.
Watch DK's hands as he does it. Sync your buttons with that.

Top Bottom