• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Throw Isn't Useless

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It doesn't combo into anything, but it's a decent setup at lowish percents, because it limits the opponents options greatly and you basically get a safe followup. Can genuinely catch people offguard, if you mix this up with your other grabs.

It's also good for getting people onto platforms so you can poke them from underneath. This is a good strategy in general, but especially against chain grabbers, because it puts you in a position to do damage without fear of being shield-grabbed.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Mmm, actually, the Back Throw can be followed by a Wolf Flash. It isn't a "COMBO" by adefinition-purist's' perspective, but still...

Though, I like what you have written in your second paragraph, Turbo Ether. Wolf needs all the help he can get against chain-grabbers, eh? :p

WolFlash

Smash Cadet
I have the same problem its like it gets programmed in. But I find across the board of chars that d grab is usually the most effective for me.

TKD

Smash Lord
I once KOed a MK by backthrowing him out of the stage, jumping, then overB'ing him. So awesome. I was up one stock, of course.

Sofa0990

Smash Rookie
At low Percents i think Uthrow is awsome as it sends them flying further than normal, you can then jump and Uair them with minimal knockback and they practically fall into you Uairs. this can be done up to about 30% but you can go higher if you wish to bring your opponent into a airial game.

Bthrow i tend to use the least because although it can be thrown into a wolf flash it is hard to land if your oponent DI's well. it also sends them at a very steep vertical angle at high % making it hard to combo into although you probably should have KOed them by that time.

Fthrow is a personal favourite to lead to Fsmash or laser, or if your feeling like playing serious mindgames that tend to backfire due to their erraticity (?) UpB into them.

However, Dthrow is your safest bet because it can be used into advancing moves or it can be used for spacing, kindof. and at high % if used facing, and near to, the edge it can push them so far out that they cant recover :)

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
when you back throw they will do 2 things either DI away which is a good setup for bair or they will use their second jump over you which many times gives you a free uair. After the moves hit it, they give you good control of the stage

Top Bottom