• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back Slash Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
So, I play a Shulk on the Gamer Stage from Wario Ware, and after it starts, I try to attack, but then he just goes on a Back Slash rampage and spams it and spams it and spams it and when I'm at a high percentage, he switches to Smash Mode and Spams it twice before I get knocked off the stage.

I quit, and I need your help against stupid Back Slash Spammers.

What do I do?

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Since he Back Slashes a lot I assume he's either a troll Shulk or, more often, just doesn't know how to play him.

I'd say as Wario use your Bike or shield grab to punish. Shulk has a bit of end lag recovering from the Back Slash animation so you should have ample time to pull either off.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I tried the bike, and he just breaks it with the move. He's obviously a troll,
Back slash is one of the most easily punishable moves in the game. You literally just have to hold shield and then follow up with a grab or a tilt or anything really.

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure how you're having trouble. It's one of the more easily telegraphed moves (He Screams out Backslash, he has to make a jump in the air and push his momentum forward at you). Should just shield and punish, Roll behind or even Spotdodge punish. Don't use your bike. Grabs and Aerials are probably the way to go (I dont have much knowledge about Wario in general though)

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Easier said then done.
It's really not though. As soon as you see Shulk leave the ground, press shield. Then follow up with literally any other move (preferably a quicker one though).

If for some reason you still have trouble with it, pick Shulk and fight a level 9 CPU. Spam Back Slash and see how the CPU punishes it. Better yet, go online and spam backslash on For Glory and see how other people punish you. Try to mimic that the next time you fight that back slash spammer.

Whelp. It seems like the question has been answered. I'll let you guys decide on whether I should either move this thread to the FAQ, lock it, or leave it be. I'd move it but I'll wait for the replies again as always and again

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Alright this topics done.

It's one thing to be stupid enough to be unable to deal with BACKSLASH spam of all things, but to also completely ignore advice and act like an idiot at the same time is quite frankly unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom