• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back of Japanese Boxart Surfaces on Retail Card

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
If it means keeping Snake out of Smash, then yes absolutely I would. There are plenty of other "great characters" with "unique movesets" that won't make it in, and some that already did get in.
What do you have against Snake. Why do you want him out of Smash so bad for? huh?

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So you'd sacrifice a character to make sure one of the most interesting and memorable characters from Brawl doesn't make it in? That's bitter, sad and unsettling.
You want interesting and memorable? Bring back Mewtwo. #shotsfired

Seriously, where's the thought process in cutting the main villain in one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, yet leaving in a third-party character in Snake? That's what doesn't make sense to me. Furthermore, of all the characters to ever participate in Smash, Snake seemed the most out of place. Sure he had a distinct moveset, and that's all good and well, but he just didn't mesh with the rest of the cast. Personally I found it off-putting, but again that's just my opinion.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Idk why people think Ness is definitely not going anywhere.
Not only do we not even know for sure what they consider when reusing veterans, but Ness was planned to be cut from Brawl at one point so that Lucas could take his place. He could very well not come back in this game, and same goes for Jigglypuff. The fact that Ness was planned to be cut kinda discredits this whole "the original 12 are never leaving" argument to a degree. It seems plausible that they'll always stick around, but you can't really be too sure.

I'd just rather wait for Sakurai to outright confirm/deconfirm characters, or wait till the game comes out so we can find out if he happened to throw in hidden characters not shown in the official website prior to the game's release. Everyone keeps making these types of claims and assumptions and for all they know they could be dead wrong. Like, I personally would love to have the original 12 back, as well as the Brawl roster (particularly Falco), but I'm not going to be too sure about their inclusions until Sakurai lets us know that they are in fact present in one way or another.
After recent release of earthbound on wii u a Mr.Saturn as a item and appearing on twitter also the return of the franklin badge , and i think there was a hint of a mother enemy to appear with so many hinting at earthbound chances i see how pretty much has spot and chance i said this before in the discussion either they keep ness or completely add someone different from the mother series like Kumatora which i doubt since ness makes since alot people didn't know much about lucas in brawl so it's possible lucas may be cut

Last edited:

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Guess its a bad day to be a Ness/Lucas/Snake fan.
Not only do we not even know for sure what they consider when reusing veterans, but Ness was planned to be cut from Brawl at one point so that Lucas could take his place. He could very well not come back in this game, and same goes for Jigglypuff. The fact that Ness was planned to be cut kinda discredits this whole "the original 12 are never leaving" argument to a degree. It seems plausible that they'll always stick around, but you can't really be too sure.

I'd just rather wait for Sakurai to outright confirm/deconfirm characters, or wait till the game comes out so we can find out if he happened to throw in hidden characters not shown in the official website prior to the game's release. Everyone keeps making these types of claims and assumptions and for all they know they could be dead wrong. Like, I personally would love to have the original 12 back, as well as the Brawl roster (particularly Falco), but I'm not going to be too sure about their inclusions until Sakurai lets us know that they are in fact present in one way or another.
I'm sorry, what?

WHAT?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Walk past a McDonald's or Home Depot. Both of those chains are frequently Nintendo Zones and will fill you up with a full 20-stack within five minutes or so.
Barnes & Noble is also a Nintendo Zone company.

Oh, and how can I forget Best Buy?

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Um, what?
Have you forgotten the fact that Ness was being 'considered' to be cut and wasn't? And Sakurai has stated a billion times the original twelve will always stay? And that Ness is always highly demanded to return?

R0Y

Smash Master
well it is a presuambly big game so it makes since that there's no download play though it may change
For some reason some people thought it would happen though. I guess because games like MK7 had limited download play.

If this is the final box art it can't really change. I guess it could be patched it but that'd never happen.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
After recent release of earthbound on wii u a Mr.Saturn as a item and appearing on twitter also the return of the franklin badge , and i think there was a hint of a mother enemy to appear with so many hinting at earthbound chances i see how pretty much has spot and chance i said this before in the discussion either they keep ness or completely add someone different from the mother series like Kumatora which i doubt since ness makes since alot people didn't know much about lucas in brawl so it's possible lucas may be cut
That was difficult to read. Use punctuation; form sentences.

Um, what?
Have you forgotten the fact that Ness was being 'considered' to be cut and wasn't? And Sakurai has stated a billion times the original twelve will always stay? And that Ness is always highly demanded to return?
I don't think Ness is getting cut, but Sakurai has never said the characters from Smash 64 are immune from getting cut. If he has, link me to where he said that, because all I ever see is a bunch of fans claiming he said that with no proof.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
That was difficult to read. Use puntuation; form sentences.

I don't think Ness is getting cut, but Sakurai has never said the characters from Smash 64 are immune from getting cut. If he has, link me to where he said that, because all I ever see is a bunch of fans claiming he said that with no proof.
Isn't he considered a retro character,Sakurai wants his retro characters

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
And Sakurai has stated a billion times the original twelve will always stay?
Could you please cite this? For all the times I've seen someone make this claim, I have never seen a legit Sakurai quote to back it up. I want to believe it, but I can't until I see the source.

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
That was difficult to read. Use puntuation; form sentences.

you spelled punctuation wrong

Attachments

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
you spelled punctuation wrong
Thank you, I fixed it. I do not have spell check on my device and I must have missed the key for "C".

What does that picture of yours have to do with anything? Showing how many people like you post? And man, I feel sorry for anyone using the black-and-orange color scheme; it's got to be hard on your eyes.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Thank you, I fixed it. I do not have spell check on my device and I must have missed the key for "C".

What does that picture of yours have to do with anything? Showing how many people like you post? And man, I feel sorry for anyone using the black-and-orange color scheme; it's got to be hard on your eyes.
it randomly appear by accident even though i deleted it i seem to see it fine actually

Last edited:

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Could be that they didn't implement shulks enemies yet in smash run just like we kept seeing the same assist trophies and pokeball characters in the demo but I don't know I think shulks in just because of the new xeno game coming to wii u to promote the series.
Yeah that'd be a good way to support the new game!

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Um, hate to tell you this but I don't keep articles from 2011. :laugh:
Well then you can't say that Sakurai has said that the original twelve will 'never' be cut. You have to back up a claim like that with evidence. Just saying someone said something isn't a way to make others believe you.

Personally I still think Ness is likely to return. Jigglypuff on the other hand hasn't been relevant in the main pokemon games EVER, and her part in the anime is now over 15 years old. If any of the original 12 are going to be cut, my bets are on her sorry to say.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Um, hate to tell you this but I don't keep articles from 2011. :laugh:
Fortunately, we have something called the Internet that does that for you. Since you're unwilling to do your own legwork, I guess you're leaving it up to me to verify your claims. Let's see what happens...

July 2, 2012
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/39783/smash-bros-wii-u-may-not-feature-more-characters/

It isn't a matter of 'if the next game has 50 characters, that'll be enough.' There is a certain charm to games that have huge casts of playable characters, but they tend to have issues with game balance and it becomes very difficult to fine-tune each character and have them all feel distinctive.

In terms of quantity, we've probably already reached the limit of what's feasible. I think a change of direction may be what's needed.
Hmm, that doesn't sound good... Let's try again.

June 20, 2013
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/2...e-to-bring-all-characters-back-to-smash-bros/

We don’t have the time to fully recreate every single character who’s been in Smash Bros at this point.

So we’re not going to cut characters out of the way, we’re going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it’s good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I’d like to apologize in advance to those fans.
Well, well... in 60 seconds, I've found two contradictory quotes to the "big 12" theory, but first I had to sift through dozens of forum hits from people like yourself spreading this rumor around. Mind helping me out here?

That aside, given this game's online, it's possible the initial release could see a "big 12" cut, but they could be patched in later. I'm really curious what the street pass battle will be like.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
That Pikachu looks out of place with most of the other fighters looking confined within their boxes.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Fortunately, we have something called the Internet that does that for you. Since you're unwilling to do your own legwork, I guess you're leaving it up to me to verify your claims. Let's see what happens...

July 2, 2012
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/39783/smash-bros-wii-u-may-not-feature-more-characters/

Hmm, that doesn't sound good... Let's try again.

June 20, 2013
http://mynintendonews.com/2013/06/2...e-to-bring-all-characters-back-to-smash-bros/

Well, well... in 60 seconds, I've found two contradictory quotes to the "big 12" theory, but first I had to sift through dozens of forum hits from people like yourself spreading this rumor around. Mind helping me out here?

That aside, given this game's online, it's possible the initial release could see a "big 12" cut, but they could be patched in later. I'm really curious what the street pass battle will be like.
1. I tried to search it, nothing came up probably because the article was too old.
2. I wouldn't call them 'contradicting'. It just says pretty much says some cuts will be made.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
1. I tried to search it, nothing came up probably because the article was too old.
2. I wouldn't call them 'contradicting'. It just says pretty much says some cuts will be made.
Yeah, but nowhere will you find that Sakurai straight-up says that none of the original 12 will ever be cut, like you oh so assuredly mentioned.

This whole "the original 12 will never be cut" thing just seems like wishful thinking and overly positive crap if you ask me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I would like to draw attention to the copyright used in past games. Some people are saying that the copyright listed means that certain characters won't appear. I mean, it's on the official card so it must be listing everything, right? Well, no. I'm going to use Super Smash Bros. Melee as an example.

As you see here, the box does not acknowledge INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS, despite both Marth and Roy appear as playable characters. The main reason for the exclusion is that both characters are unlockable, as such the copyright is omitted on the box for the sake of avoiding spoilers.

Also keep in mind that the copyright isn't supposed to be for overall everything. Otherwise, in the case of Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS, we'd be seeing copyright for PlatinumGames Inc., Vanpool, Treasure, Ubisoft, TOSE, and so on in addition to the copyright seen. Instead, the copyright is only highlighting what characters are playable. This applies to both promotional material and actual in-game content. In the case of the latter, the title screen and credits will update depending on who you unlock. Unlocking Marth and Roy for example will add "INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS" to the copyright.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yeah, but nowhere will you find that Sakurai straight-up says that none of the original 12 will ever be cut, like you oh so assuredly mentioned.
Fine, I was wrong. Call me 'wrong' or whatever. :laugh:
Is that what you wanted to hear?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The news group is now taking its sources from Reddit...
This is saddening. :applejack:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Does it even matter if Ape, Inc. isn't credited even though they already have content in the game? Mr. Saturn and the Franklin Badge are both returning items.
As it was said in a early post Ape inc is creature inc so Ness will be there

MegaDeltaXZ

Smash Rookie
isn't it weird to see people talking about the copyright and characters rather than on how the boxart looks like and to see if it's good or not?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
isn't it weird to see people talking about the copyright and characters rather than on how the boxart looks like and to see if it's good or not?
You musn't forget that this is a community that enjoys speculating over every single detail, big or small, fake or real. I'm not surprised the discussion turned out the way it is.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Well i would say is a bad day for Snake fans, but we all know that Ness is comming and maybe Lucas, also even if the company doesn't appear in the box, we know they are ingame cause we have seen Mr. Saturn as an item once again and the one who have the copyright for Mr. Saturn is APE, Inc...
And we have the franklin badge

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
You musn't forget that this is a community that enjoys speculating over every single detail, big or small, fake or real. I'm not surprised the discussion turned out the way it is.
Well the box art looks fine. If we felt something was weird baout it we'd be speculating on that instead, but yanno, box art seems so unimportant in the long run now that the internet has everything? Most people watch reviews before going to see a movie or buy a game unless they planned on going/buying from the outset.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Fine, I was wrong. Call me 'wrong' or whatever. :laugh:
Is that what you wanted to hear?
...Actually, yeah, kinda. But not in a "haha I win" sort of way.

Sorry my last post was overly snarky. I mistook you for an actual troll and responded too harshly. I am teh dumbs.

Top Bottom