• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Back and Forth Dashing - Can't seem to figure it out!

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
I've been practicing with Pikachu a lot lately, really trying to get the various tactics and tricks down and fluid. I've been watching a lot of videos for inspiration as well, and one thing I've seen quite often is the pikachu player doing, what looks like, a dash back and forth really fast - almost in place. I figured that this was just exactly as it seems, tilting the direction pad back and forth really fast, but I can't seem to do the dashing as tightly as I've seen in the videos.

This Pika-noob was simply curious if I just need to practice it more to pull it off correctly, or if perhaps there was a simple trick about it that I haven't been able to find? I've tried looking around the forums and in the techniques section, but haven't been able to find anything on it.

A good example of what I'm talking about is in the Official Pikachu Guide: Part II by 5ive at about 3:00 minutes. After doing some Jolt's, he lands and does the back-and-forth dashing a few times.

Thanks in advance for any help! Happy brawling!

Meow.

Top Bottom