• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Throw can do 13% damage

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
REALY?!?!?!?! i'll check it out to thanks cause the Mushrom Bros are some of my favorite brawlers. try wolf to deal with DEDEDE if u want.

darkukitake

Smash Rookie
did u realise that his hand and Luigi's hand now burn for a while with the orange and green flames respectively!?!?!?! wonder if that has an effect on game play test 4 me please!!!!!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I don't understand... from the looks of the title and your post you are saying that the fire makes his BThrow do 13%. Sorry, but if this is so, then this is useless. Mario's Bthrow already deals 12% (possibly a decimal percentage added onto that) so that would proove this "discovery" null and void.

However... elemental damage (fire in particular) has more hitstun than any other type of attack (as far as I can see), so perhaps Mario's Pebble Fire will allow you to integrate more jabs into your grabs? Mario has the strongest jabs in the game (sadly, it is not so fast, Sonic has the fastest and strongest jabs -.-) so this could possibly help.

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
This DOESN'T work in Training Mode

Mario's fireball allows him to damage foes with 1% extra if he hits them while the are burning. If Mario grabs someone while they are burning outside of training mode all of his grabs damage 1% extra.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I just checked, and this isn't true in regular play if everything is un-staled. At least, the part about the fire making the throw do more. It's actually a thing about rounding. In the training room, damage is rounded down, and in normal play, damage is rounded up.

It has nothing to do with flaming hands or whatever :S

also, 1 damage extra while burning? I don't really get this. You can't hit with two fireballs, even at point blank, to achieve this one extra damage. Plus, the fireball stales on the first hit. It would always be 5 damage and then 4 more, never ten or eleven.

I would like to know how you went about testing this stuff.

Top Bottom