• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Sticking: Standard B's

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Am I a slowbie? Because I only recently discovered that diagonals on the B-Stick perform Neutral Specials, and that you can bounce yourself backwards as you would with Side Special B-Sticking. As this method also works with Down Special (I'm unsure about Up Special), it becomes quite a nuissance trying to distinguish between a bouncing Down Special, a bouncing Standard Special, and even sometimes a bouncing Side Special. I can get the results I want out of bouncing Down and Standard Specials most of the time, but it'd be nice if there were some method of getting it 100% of the time. So is there anyone else who utilizes this method who can tell me any easy ways of doing so?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Do it manually lol.

[tap back + release] > [ B]-[forward]

or

for down specials

[tap down+B]-[back]

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
Do it manually lol.

[tap back + release] > [ B]-[forward]

or

for down specials

[tap down+B]-[back]
Maybe I just don't get it, but the Standard method just results in a Tunraround B for me and the Down B takes even more effort than using the B-Stick and isn't entirely worth it.

Top Bottom