• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> Nom #8 - March 26th, 2011

-Ran

Smash Master
<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> Nom #8 - March 26th, 2011

Other Louisiana rules that didn't fit on the flier.
-Bring Your Own Controller
-Advanced Slob Picks
-Stage Striking for first pick
-Stage Bans: Each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: A player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Suicide Rule: For Ganon and Bowser, it will always count as a win. For everyone else, a definite win or loss means a win or loss. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-Team Color Rule: If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they get to be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-R-P-S for port priority.
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40
Codeset:
The following SD Card codes will be used in these events and there will be a Custom Character Select Screen in order to be sure that the codes are working properly. Click the link below to access these code.
-No Tripping
-Infinite Replay

Louisiana General Melee Ruleset
- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.
- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage.

We're back in business kids. Last tournament bolstered a 16 man Melee Bracket, 7 Melee Teams, 15 Brawl entrants, 9 Low Tier Brawl entrants and 9 Novice entrants.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I'll try to finally make it to one of these. It's a shame Nicknyte isn't coming, last time I saw him was at a lafayette melee tourney where we did 2v2 with random partners. His partner was Lee and he nyte spiked the **** out of me.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Sorries. I will let yall be aware when I come to one. I need to take care of a few personal finances, and then I will come. 300 dollar ticket yo.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
How many people do you guys usually get? I'm going to try and make it to this if i can.

-Ran

Smash Master
Last tournament bolstered a 16 man Melee Bracket, 7 Melee Teams, 15 Brawl entrants, 9 Low Tier Brawl entrants and 9 Novice entrants.
That was the first time the tournament was back after hiatus for the holidays. I would surmise that the numbers should be around the same, or better.

Okuser

Smash Ace
Hello, I'm new. How do I get on the LA PR? Do I just win this tournament?

I have over 1,000 hours of Ganondorf playtime and I beat all of my friends and the computers. Are there any pit players at this tournament...oooo I hate him, he's very overpowered imo.

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
You have to attend 3 tournaments within the next 3 or 4 months I think then a panel votes on where they think you should be ranked based on how well you've done.

-Ran

Smash Master
Hello, I'm new. How do I get on the LA PR? Do I just win this tournament?

I have over 1,000 hours of Ganondorf playtime and I beat all of my friends and the computers. Are there any pit players at this tournament...oooo I hate him, he's very overpowered imo.
For the Brawl PR, we require that you attend two tournaments during the PR cycle in the state, which is a three month span. Based on who you've beaten and how you perform in friendlies against others in the state, would dictate your place on the PR. For Melee, they are content to just rank people in relatives of tiers, regardless of tournament attendance.

I look forwards to seeing you at this tournament. =)

pecs

Smash Rookie
When does the melee start? My flight gets in at about 11 and I really want to play (and also get more involved in the smash community when I get home from college this summer)

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Sounds good. So how do people in LA compare with those big names like razer, esam, gnes etc.
we better
we better

When does the melee start? My flight gets in at about 11 and I really want to play (and also get more involved in the smash community when I get home from college this summer)
12:30 I think, its on the little flyer thing up top.

Ran, bring all of your peach pics to NOM and I'll bring my flash drive. Thanks.

-Ran

Smash Master
You'll be fine. The tournament usually starts to kick into gear at around noon to 1pm. I like to give everyone a chance to get warmed up, and get there. =)

Curlz

Smash Lord
I'm showing up for a little bit to drop off everyone's Fight Fest money. I may get in a couple friendlies and MMs while I'm there.

I apologize to Facey and BSP for canceling last minute. :[

Okuser

Smash Ace
sorry i couldn't make it!

I sent my protege Gunner, in my place. He is still learning but I think he's getting better.

Top Bottom