• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<b><span style="color: #00CC00;">Brawl & Melee:</span></b> London Gaming Con 2011 - D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitris

Smash Ace
Dictator fuzzyness much :p

also dimitris it was answered early on. apparently he goes to some events
I asked other questions more than a week ago.
edit: anyway, besides the lack of answers, doesn't seem like (a lot of) effort is put into this.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I asked other questions more than a week ago.
edit: anyway, besides the lack of answers, doesn't seem like (a lot of) effort is put into this.
not on here, on here its just an advertisement, check out the actual homepage and watch in awe

Global Gaming

Smash Journeyman
Slurpy and GP are over 18 now... I'm like the only player that isn't -___-

Tbh I don't have much faith in a tournament where the organiser isn't part of the community and doesn't even respond to anyone's questions... Trust me when I say that Expo tourneys are ran as bad as Fuzzy's.

Obviously the only reason they've invited 'smashboards' is too make more money off a badly run tournament, where no doubt the prize money will be like 10% of the actual pot lololol

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i was quoting ponies, apparently you missed it :L

and theres still al details needed on the website, so yeah

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
if this is an actual tournament then ill come, it will be a nice test run before apex

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Game Name: Super Smash Bros Brawl
Format: 1 vs 1, 3 Stock, No Items, 5 Minutes
Specifics: Bring your own controller (preferrably), £5 entry, £50 minimum prize, per console
Day/Time Required: Mid Afternoon/Early Evening

Game Name: Super Smash Bros Melee
Format: 2 vs 2, 4 Stock, Items, 6 Minutes
Specifics: Bring your own controller (preferrably), free entry, £30 prize between team, per console
Day/Time Required: Anytime

saw that in the website. No melee singles nor brawl doubles? pretty meh to me, not that much interest anymore unless this is deconfirmed :S

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Sorry everyone, I didn't realise this thread had come back to life!
Yeah, LGC is 18+ because of the venue...

The tournament was going to be run by Sirius, but I'd trust Fuzzyness being in charge of it.

It's definitely still on, I don't know who changed it to 5 mins because I'm pretty sure I said 8.
As far as there being singles/doubles for both games, we have many more setups (and THIRTY screens) than we had previously, so it's definitely something that's possible. I'm not sure how many CRT screens we'll have though. If anyone wishes to contribute setups, that would be appreciated too.

As far as being involved in the (Brawl) community goes, I'm a pretty decent player, coming 3rd at the London MCM Expo a couple of years ago (to Willz and Kira, beating out Wolf and a few others).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sorry everyone, I didn't realise this thread had come back to life!
Yeah, LGC is 18+ because of the venue...

The tournament was going to be run by Sirius, but I'd trust Fuzzyness being in charge of it.

It's definitely still on, I don't know who changed it to 5 mins because I'm pretty sure I said 8.
As far as there being singles/doubles for both games, we have many more setups (and THIRTY screens) than we had previously, so it's definitely something that's possible. I'm not sure how many CRT screens we'll have though. If anyone wishes to contribute setups, that would be appreciated too.

As far as being involved in the (Brawl) community goes, I'm a pretty decent player, coming 3rd at the London MCM Expo a couple of years ago (to Willz and Kira, beating out Wolf and a few others).
cool, its most likely ill bring a wii with me if i can come to this

also, were you at the expo this time around?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Set-up total sounds good. I'll go anyway because I'm local, but I think for Melee people who have to travel further knowing the type of TVs there would help their decision.

:king:

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Il be by Charles side doing the Brawl Bracket if I come. Also il probably bring a Wii as well, and my laptop for the bracket if needed.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
I was at expo, but I spent more time playing DDR than Smash this year.
I did meet Willz and Wolf again though.
We have at least 10 LCD tvs confirmed but no confirmed number of CRTs, possibly 0.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
if theres no hd wii cables or CRT tvs then i wont be coming, sorry

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
This just in, 20 CRTs and 50 LCDs confirmed for the event as a whole, so we can make sure that CRTs will be available for Smash.
(This is in addition to the gaming pod setups from other companies)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I was at expo, but I spent more time playing DDR than Smash this year.
I did meet Willz and Wolf again though.
We have at least 10 LCD tvs confirmed but no confirmed number of CRTs, possibly 0.
in that case, did you see a man dressed as dudley from street fighter at any point during the day?
because that was me, and i was shamelessly *****ing out my own event at the brawl stand

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
This just in, 20 CRTs and 50 LCDs confirmed for the event as a whole, so we can make sure that CRTs will be available for Smash.
(This is in addition to the gaming pod setups from other companies)
That's really awesome, glad to hear that. :)

:king:

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Basically I'm going to run this and changing this thread in a min

People better attend this cause it's gonna be important in expanding our community

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i can guarantee nothing right now, i receive my paycheck on friday and if its a decent amount i can confirm, if not then im going to have to sacrifice this luxury in exchance for apex moneyz

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
in that case, did you see a man dressed as dudley from street fighter at any point during the day?
because that was me, and i was shamelessly *****ing out my own event at the brawl stand
I'm the black guy that kept mistaking you for Hitler :V

I was around you a lot at expo mostly due to DDR.

But yeah this should be great.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Depending on the circumstance, I might actually attend this. I can get exactly 1 train and maybe even walk up there (though id take bus causes laziness) Since prof is going, i'll tag along with him. Plus more tourneys = more exp for me.

SirKyoshi

Smash Journeyman
Wolf, is garbo at this game.

i wont be attending, these price's are outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom