• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

^B Momentum

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Edit2: It has come to my attention that this was already know but with the blessing of the real founder, Luthien. I've decided to keep this open to help make this incredible discovery more well know and in hope this might developed into something more with the focus outlook of the community.

~

So today I had some free time so I decide to play around a bit with Zelda ^B since I’ve already tested Sheiks ^B in every possible way I could think of and I’ve found something…interesting

Apparently after Zelda uses her ^B on the ground in the directions East or West (there might be more but I’m not very good at perfectly going in all 16 directions so I’m just stating what I know to be 100% correct) she receives a small amount of forward momentum.

Why is this useful?

Well because you can use this momentum and slide off the edge of a stage or platform, which give Zelda zero lag from the ^B and allows her to be able to perform any of her other moves, attack, double jumps, or even another ^B.

This can be done on any level with the correct spacing but since Pokemon Stadium was the easiest to show with its pre set lines in the middle I decide to take a few pictures on where you need to stand. (Neutral only)

On Pokemon Stadium in the middle of the stage there is picture of a Pokeball and in the middle of that there are two small circles with a line going down the middle.

The picture above shows where you can stand in green and cancel the lag of the ^B at the edge and where you can’t in red.

To have Zelda teleport to the far left side of the stage you must stand within the circle but on the left side of the line

To have Zelda teleport to the far right side of the stage you must stand within the circle but on the right side of the line​

Aggressive uses.

Ledge stealing: you actually hit some characters already hanging on the ledge when you reappear. Here's the list of characters you can/cannot hit:

Vulnerable to Ledgestealing:
Mario
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Dedede
Metaknight
Olimar
Pikachu
Charizard
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Ness
Lucas
G&W
Yoshi

Immune to ledgestealing:
Luigi
Peach
Diddy
Wario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
ROB
Kirby
Fox
Falco
Wolf
C. Falcon
Lucario
Jiggs
Ike
Marth
Snake
Sonic

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This is known, it's called ledgewarping and is covered in Luthien's FW thread.
..How embarrassing

Thank you for pointing that out Ztarfish. I remember reading that thread a while ago when I was first looking into Zelda again for Brawl but I forgot about that part of the article.

...Well on the upside I show were you can easily teleport on Pokemon Stadium ^,^; but still this doesn’t deserve it's own thread

Moderators you can close this and if anyone is reading this please don't post anymore in this thread.

/closed.

edit: With the real finder blessing I've decide to keep this open.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
No worries, his thread is longer than the Great Wall of China. :p
But yeah, your Pokemon Stadium example is better than his FD example.

Luthien

Smash Ace
No worries, his thread is longer than the Great Wall of China. :p
But yeah, your Pokemon Stadium example is better than his FD example.
Go die.
:p

Anyway, I'd actually like it if you kept this thread open, Tristan_win. Like some lowly mortals have implied, my thread is incredibly long, and finding one specific thing in my guide has proven to be difficult many times.

Brawl is young, and Ledgewarping/Ledgestealing hasn't really been applied to competetive play yet. If you kept this thread open for disscussion/applications of Ledgewarping/Ledgestealing, people might actually be able to find the new information about it.

As far as I'm concerned, Ledgewarping/stealing is its own subject and I can't cover it as thoroughly in my FW guide as you could in its seperate thread. If you want, you can use any information I have on it already and post it here.

Top Bottom