• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B-Air Tips

phenomenriq

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, l'm a long time Smash player (since 64). But competitively I'm still a newb. Anyways I want to improve my game. One area that I have alot of trouble with is doing short hops + B-Airs consistently (I'm using the GameCube controller) . Many times I'll end up doing an F-Air or jumping too high. For example, if my opponent is to the right, and I rush / dash from the left, I'll quickly tap the stick left (to turn backwards) lightly press the jump button, then tilt the stick right, and then press A (I've also tried using the C stick). Many times I won't get a B-Air. Any tips / tricks to do this consistently will help. Needless to say I'm spending alot of time in training mode to get this down.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
In Ultimate, you can press jump + a (x + a in your case) and tilt the L stick in the opposite direction at the same time to short hop b-air. If you're off, you may end up doing a short hop f-air. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
For RARs, it's better to slow down and make sure you get the turnaround, than try to go too fast and not get it. Slower RARs are still almost as good. Eventually you can tighten up your timing once you're more confident with the inputs.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Press the jump button before using the control stick, but also note which way your facing. Immediately after, tilt the JoyStick behind you and press the attack button. Alternatively, you can tilt the CStick in the desired direction without pressing the A button. It helps if you're looking to move forward in the air while using a Back Air.

Last edited:

leejaybird

Smash Cadet
NNID
leejaybird
It takes 1 frame for your character to turn around, so make sure that happens first. I kept flicking the stick too quickly and my character didn't actually turn around which resulted in Fairs instead of Bairs.

Top Bottom