• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"B-Air Sticking" with Pit, useful or not?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Seeing as Pit's best killing move is probably his B-air. And after hearing about the ability to easily B-Stick B-air out of a dash, then I thought it would have interesting possibilities with Pit.

So is this technique useful with Pit or not? And how would you set your opponent up for it?

sagemoon

Smash Lord
its just as easy to RAR maually. But I use the c-stick to dair while wingdashing and f-smash/d-smash while controlling an arrow with arrow looping so i'd say no.

kown

Smash Lord
whats RAR mean? and what "And after hearing about the ability to easily B-Stick B-air out of a dash" does that mean? sage show me online or anyone can explain

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
B-Sticking B-Air out of a dash means you:

1) Set C-Stick to specials (this helps with getting off a quick angel ring as well).
2) Dash your opponent.
3) While still holding the control stick in the direction you were running, tap the C-Stick backwards (how hard you hit it results in either a short or normal jump). This will cause you character to auto-turn backwards in the air.
4) While still holding the control stick in the direction you were running, simply hit the A button to use your B-Air.

The advantage of this is that you don't have to manually reverse your direction before using B-Air.

I have no idea what RAR is or how you do it :urg:

kupo15

Smash Hero
RAR (Reverse aerial rush) is a technique where you move in one direction while turning around and keep the momentum of that direction.
Mario is the best example of this:
Run forward
Before jumping, smash the stick in the opposite direction
Immediately after the jump, smash the stick in the original direction.

The result is Mario keeping the speed in the direction he is running, while turned, around in the air.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
RAR (Reverse aerial rush) is a technique where you move in one direction while turning around and keep the momentum of that direction.
Mario is the best example of this:
Run forward
Before jumping, smash the stick in the opposite direction
Immediately after the jump, smash the stick in the original direction.

The result is Mario keeping the speed in the direction he is running, while turned, around in the air.
Sounds to me like both techniques have the same result.

Edit:
Stupid me... I thought they were different because I found it under b-sticking. I was talking about RAR all along XD.

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
yeah it is very useful, especially for the Bair. ive messed with my fair share of Bsticking

but i dont use the B stick for good reason

in the end i <3 glide canceling to Cstick smashes *Fsmash PWNXZOR* and also using the Cstick for aerials *Bair!!!* without losing momentum in some situatons as per having to use the control stick

those are my feelings

Top Bottom