• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Springin on up!

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Arizona Smash Scene Presents:
"AZ Springin on up"
Tourney 1/4 of Season.
DATE
April 2nd, 2011

Schedule

Friendlies/MMs/Early Registration: 1:00 PM

BRAWL DOUBLES: 2:00 PM

Break: (imediately after Brawl Doubles)

BRAWL SINGLES POOLS: 4:00 PM

TBA

ALL IS BRAWL LINK:

Setups

Brawl Set-ups

TV

Recording set-ups

Gamers Inn
1232 E Southern Ave #14
Mesa, AZ 85204

Ph: 480.507.0509

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?address=1232+East+Southern+Ave&city=mesa&state=az

TOURNEY FEES/POT SPLITS

BRAWL SINGLES $10 per person

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

BRAWL DOUBLES $5 per person

1-5 Teams

1st: 70%

6-10 Teams

1st: 60%
3rd: 10%

11+ teams

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

GENERAL RULES

3 Stock
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)

* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.

* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.

* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *

2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure.

3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.

4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.

5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **

6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.

7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

* The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.

* Drugs and Alcohol should be prohibited at most tournaments due to minor involvement and potential legal issues.

* Initiating ANY suicide move results in a victory for the person who initiated it

* Ice climbers infinite is legal up until 200%

* 40 Ledge grab Rule: You cannot grab the ledge any more than 40 times in any match. Breaking this rule results in an automatic loss, if the game goes to time.

* The Tournament Organizer has the final say period.

STAGES

NEUTRAL

Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

COUNTERPICK

* Brinstar
* Battleship Halabard
* Castle Siege
* Delphino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Pokémon Stadium
* Pokémon Stadium 2
* Picto Chat

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

CONTACT

Darklink- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

Jard- 602 - 684- 0467(CALL or TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
You should really let someone else come up with the names...
<3

EDIT: So I recall there being more than one circumstance last tourney when the legality of a stage was in question, so I think I'll just print out the stage list and bring it since no one can remember any of them at the t.v.

Anjila

Smash Cadet
Sigh, I'm gonna be so worn out that afternoon. I hope it doesn't affect my gameplay.

Also, icon love, Derp <3 The octopus is one of my favorite animals!

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I aint missin' this! Man, I have been training like crazy these last few weeks. This time around, Yoshi is gonna be bringin' the HEAT! I have been training a secondary as well for those lame ROB and Marth matches that I hate.

However, Angela and I might not be able to make doubles, but we will try.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I wish I've been training like crazy...darn not having a Wii + Brawl...

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, I don't have a Wii, I just happen to know people AKA I happen to visit my brother every week. Ominous, you visit Kris more than I do! You should have plenty of time to practice. You guys just play Magic the Gathering too much, that is the real reason why you never train, lol.

Also, will you and Kris need a ride, assuming Kris is even coming?

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I don't have time to go to Kris's much, I go less then once a week. I have Track practice throughout the week. The only days I can make it are Saturdays, and that's only if I don't have anything. Which I usually do, like I do this Saturday.

And yeah, probably, we could just do the same thing, I'll be at his house.

Edit: It's mostly Kris who wants to play Magic. I'm kinda bored of it, and I'm also poor, so I'm probably going to be done with it for a while.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I can make it anymore, but I'm not really important, so it's ok.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Well, I mean, I've been to two tournaments, I'm like...only half in the Arizona smash scene.

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Wat if they're family of the family? Because Chris is my brother and he's gonna be busy with a pin-with-balls tournament and huevoyoshi might have to practice the bass for his band if he gets one tomorrow.

Or am I an orphan? ._.

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
This thread is devoid of bringing-a-TV-proclamations. ^_^ And each time the Wii was referred to, it was to say that a person didn't own one, lol.

On a related note, I'm bringing two TVs and a Wii. :)

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Oh, by the way, Angela and I will not be able to make it to doubles tomorrow. We will be there for the singles though. To be specific, we will arrive around 3:30.

Edit: I am surprised that nothing in my post was changed because of April Fool's day.

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Wat if they're family of the family? Because Chris is my brother and he's gonna be busy with a pin-with-balls tournament and huevoyoshi might have to practice the bass for his band if he gets one tomorrow.

Or am I an orphan? ._.
Family of Family = Family. Just a lesser more distant part though lol

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Oh, by the way, Angela and I will not be able to make it to doubles tomorrow. We will be there for the singles though. To be specific, we will arrive around 3:30.

Edit: I am surprised that nothing in my post was changed because of April Fool's day.
It probably wasn't, it seems like their April Fool's prank was to do that first then have them screw themselves over afterwards. :p

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
From what I can gather, about 5 people who posted on this thread are going, plus a few Tucson people if they can find a ride. Not to mention, there's always people who come who rarely post in threads. I'm guessing...10-12 people?

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
Duck I missed this.... I'm new to arizona from cali. If anyone wants to hangout and brawl text me seriously bored out of my mind. 661.717.8190 name is Robert. Phoenix arizona

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
I would totally be interested in some brawling with ya. Anytime I get a chance to train nowadays, I take it. Where do you live in Phoenix, and what does your schedule look like during the week and weekends? I would text you these things, but my phone can't text at the moment, haha.

And don't worry about missing the tournament, there is going to be another one in about 3 weeks.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
I've been here few weeks I'm on 44th ave and indian school ghetto I know. I'm free whenever I tutor kids so I set my schedule hana. I don't have wii or controller ill get controller soon left mine back in cali.

Top Bottom