• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AZ Project Melee Power Rankings Thread/ Social Thread

k9.

Smash Ace
Mission Statement: To grow our scene to highest Extent, and maintain a very competitive and fun atmosphere in regards to Project Melee.

Power Ranking:
1.Silly Kyle :peach:
2.Okami :sheik:
3..Axe :pikachu2:
4.K9 :ness2:
5.Xander :falco:
6..KiraFlax :charizard::wario:
7.Prof. Oak.:ganondorf::lucas:
8.Max :toonlink:
9.Yummy :falcon:
10.TommyDerMiester :falco:

Updated September 03, 2012.

Panelist:
K9

OkamiBW

OakSauce

KiraFlax

Xander

Silly Kyle

Videos

You can find all of the AZ project melee videos here!
http://www.youtube.com/user/oaksmash/videos

Requirements:

You must go to more than 2 tourneys to be considered to be on the pr that season.

You must beat people on the pr to get on the pr of course.

Bracket wins is what gets looked at the most.

Money Matches will be considered if needed.

Tourney Results:
Round Robin
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322351

UAT
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321781

Az Regional
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323248

NCT
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=323585

Pound and the Fury
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327107

Jane

Smash Hero
yesterday i decided i'll officially play this game competitively if and when they give ganon a real uptilt.

until then, my current position of "**** this game" stands.

also:
Arizona Melee Power Rankings & Social Thread (Updated: 10/20/11)
Arizona Brawl Power Rankings and Brawl Social Thread (Updated:April 2nd, 2012)
Arizona Project Melee Power Rankings Thread/ Social Thread

shawn, you should change the title so these three threads dont look like the exact same ****. something like AZ P:M PR Thread. yeaaah.

Yoshiken96

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I will probably go to tournaments sometimes, but I probably won't get too serious with the scene. My mind might change though. Give it time.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
I think having the titles all be extremely similar makes it more official looking, haha.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
^This.

also as long as we're all subscribed, it won't matter too much which is which.

Since I'll be going home soon, and won't have use of a laptop, my vote for the PM PR:

1. Silly Kyle: 2 tournament wins under his belt
2. Axe: 2 second place finishes
3. OkamiBW: first place finish
4. Wobbles the Phoenix: first place finish
5. Kiraflax: consistently places within the top 4
6. K9: consistently places within the top 4/5
7. Prof. Oksas: consistently places within the top 5
9. Rubyiris: placed 4th, 5th, and 7th, respectively.
10. Max: impressive showing at NCT.

Honorable mentions:

Yummy
Stuff
Tai

Wobbles can vote himself off the PR due to taking a smash hiatus.
Taj is also inactive, which is why I didn't consider him.

Order based off bracket results, in descending order.

Similarly to the other PRs, order should be uploaded per every two tournaments. People will be considered inactive either by request, or three consecutive absences from tournament.

k9.

Smash Ace
Pr updated it will update again in the next 3 tourneys keep it up guys!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
K9, kira has beaten you in the head to head and outplaced you at two of the tournaments. That places you under him. If you're going to be a panelist, you need to cast your ego aside and learn to be objectional. You thinking you're better doesn't change tournament results, something that can be measured.

:phone:

k9.

Smash Ace
OK

Number one we had a discussion I agreed that im above kevin,

Kira agrees that i am above

Oak.Sauce agrees that i should be above him.

Then me and kira have out placed each other the same amount which is twice.

Me and Kira's Record is 2-1 for the head to head.

Those are the facts man. I don't care to argue. Peace.

SSBMstuff

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the mention, Xander.

I 2-1'd Max in bracket @ last THC, just sayin' ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm done with smash. Go ahead and remove me from the PR since I won't be attending any more tournaments.

:phone:

k9.

Smash Ace
@Stuff Dang bro i guess an spot opens up for you then.

@Xander fasho bro.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
Wobbles>Okami and Kyle since he placed above them both at UAT. Also, Stuff>Max and possibly Yummy. He 2-1'd Max at THC 4. He placed the same as Yummy at UAT, having only lost to Silly Kyle and Okami, while Yummy lost to RubyIris and Axe.

Herro94

Smash Apprentice
Wobbles>Okami and Kyle since he placed above them both at UAT. Also, Stuff>Max and possibly Yummy. He 2-1'd Max at THC 4. He placed the same as Yummy at UAT, having only lost to Silly Kyle and Okami, while Yummy lost to RubyIris and Axe.
Ya but you also need to remember thats the only tournament wobbles has entered and as far as we know even played the game. If he continues to play it at other tournaments and do well im sure he will do better. As for the max stuff thing i want to say i think max improved alot since that tourney and played extremely well at the last tourney.

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
You don't place a person below someone else because they haven't attended as many tournaments, you place them lower because they're worse at the game. Wobbles beat everyone by a good margin at UAT, including Silly Kyle.

All we have to go off of is that Stuff 2-1'd Max in bracket.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You don't place a person below someone else because they haven't attended as many tournaments, you place them lower because they're worse at the game. Wobbles beat everyone by a good margin at UAT, including Silly Kyle.

All we have to go off of is that Stuff 2-1'd Max in bracket.
Less data, though.

Am I sure Wobbles is better, probably, he's just good period. But concrete data should weigh more than "probably"

Blood Falcon11

Smash Apprentice
But there is data to go off of. The UAT tournament is being considered, and he beat Silly Kyle in it, so that's the only thing you can go off of. It's unfair to ignore a tournament you say you include, and ignore matches.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Yeah but he beat Kyle once, that's not really concrete. It was also both their first times playing the game. So you have 2 noobs (at project M) playing each other, you can't really make an accurate guess on how their play will develop or what. We can assume, however, that Since Kyle has multiple wins and more experience (that we are aware) of that he should (as of now) be placed higher.

I'm just saying with only one tournament entered it's hard to tell if he fluked or whatever, while kyle has pulled off 2 first place finishes and we have MORE reason to believe he didn't just fluke.

edit: Axe beats kyle at vanilla Melee with a worse character but Kyle beats him at P:M both times, so we can't base it off what we know about them as players either because this is a new game.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
I hope to make it on this. Hello, I am now officially in love with P:M. When is the next smashfest? Thursday early afternoon? I can host. I have two small tvs and cats. starting at noon. 2343 W. Main St. Mesa 85201. It will probably have to end around 4:00 pm because I have to help someone move.

Edit : Turns out they are moving in the morning. No more smash on Thursday. Sad.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Super cute!! I love kitties <3 I've also noticed that White Cats have a high frequency of different colored eyes! very kewl

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I hope to make it on this. Hello, I am now officially in love with P:M. When is the next smashfest? Thursday early afternoon? I can host. I have two small tvs and cats. starting at noon. 2343 W. Main St. Mesa 85201. It will probably have to end around 4:00 pm because I have to help someone move.

Edit : Turns out they are moving in the morning. No more smash on Thursday. Sad.
Should do it on friday

Top Bottom