• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Average age of smashers.

zergman

Smash Cadet
Since the original came out in 99 I think that your oldest crowd is going to be those that started smash then and stuck with it. I was 19 when the original came out and I know a bunch of guys my age that played the original and have stuck with the franchise. So I personally know of about 5 smashers that are 28. I'm sure there are some 50 year olds out there somewhere, but I would guess the oldest smashers mostly cap at around the early 30's since they would have been in their early 20's at the time of release.

Ryven

Smash Cadet
dude .. the closer you are to not being a teenager the better. teenagers are the scum of the earth. right above pedophiles and terrorists.
Aww, I love teenagers. Angst and ideas and pathos... <3 I don't look forward to getting older. People keep assuming I'll get more responsible.

18 here. Been playing since SSB came out... what, almost nine years now?

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
12-21ish. Kiddie to College seems to be the age gap.

Oh wait, you wanted age. 17, and more composed than some 20+ers.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
im 15, and il probably play brawl for the next 2-3 years. i will still play video games way beyond the age of 18, but i cant see SSB being one of them. il just get bored with it.

smashblu

Smash Cadet
I think I'm one of the oldest here at 24. My friends who play are 21-24. However, we've been playing since we were 18 and SSB64 when we were 16 so it all started back then.

Popuri

Smash Apprentice
22 here, been playing since SSB, Love the game (I think smash is the perfect fighting formula), will love Brawl too when it finally comes out here u_u

Nao Hikari

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NaoHikari
Switch FC
SW 1055 2032 9641
i'm 20 myself turning 21 in June, but from what i can see the average age is somewhere from 15-20

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
My smash friends and I are 14-16.
At the GS tourney there were middle aged adults down to kids 12 and under all playing the same game. It was kind of creepy.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
I'm 21 and proudly bought the original smash bros the day it came out, and have been addicted to it ever since.

Otto_

Smash Cadet
me 13. 14 in august ... got friends that is 13-16 darn i feel young compared to you guys :/

ObeseNightmare

Smash Cadet
I'm 17, but the range should be from 13-21... about what the guy with the bell curve was saying, but a little older because of the college kids that I think play this.

Top Bottom