• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Average age of smashers.

worm

Smash Cadet
You guys are crazy. Or maybe the competitive Smash scene in Texas is a lot older than elsewhere I guess. I've been playing since the original came out, and I'm 24 now. I played regularly with a big group of guys all through college, and we still play Melee frequently. They're all older than me. I'd say the average age of the 10 people I play most frequently with is about 25.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
23, here. More so a casual smasher because I didn't actually start playing Melee until last year, and that was an impulse purchase of buying a Gamecube with Melee, simply because I had never played a Gamecube before. :dizzy:

Gerrin

Smash Rookie
I'm 13 in two months, youngest in SWF :p. All my smash friends are 14-15.

Jeff_ray...

Smash Cadet
Almost the youngest, 13 right now. My cousin's 14, and my younger cousin is 11. They're into Smash Bros Melee too. So I guess my younger cousin is the youngest Smasher (I think).

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
i'm 20 and i'm turning 21 in april :D

timbers92

Smash Apprentice
I'm 15, and most of my friends that play smash bros, are either 14 or 15.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
I am the youngest.... I'm 12 and most of my friends who smash are around my age (13ish) or 20 -26. and i'e been to one local torney .... but mostly i'm a casual player because i hate wavedashing, and love items.

edit:
18, so i played the first one when i was like 10 or 11. I don't think it's for alot younger kids because I got worlds better as i got older because my hands could move faster and i could react faster. so I'd say the best people playing are probably like 14 or 15 to about 26. during the peak of reflexes I'd assume.
Plus i'll kill you :p

ArmedWolf001

Smash Cadet
I'm 19 going into 20, and most of my friends are older then me. If you ask me, SSB appeals to all ages, because you have to be crazy if you can't enjoy gameplay at it's finest, which is what the SSB series is all about. I still remember the first SSB commercial for the N64 one, loved that commercial.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Most of my friends are 15-17 I'm 15 myself and I've been pl;aying Smash since I was 10. I only found out about this site since last July.

It's hard to tell since about 1/8 (I guess) of Smashers don't come to Smash boards

Lant

Smash Journeyman
18 in a few months, been playing since SSB64.

Grew up with the franchise, heh, been lurking here since '04, good thing I didn't post or register though. As back then I was a smartass wise cracking little punk. Who couldn't type.

Now I'm a smartass wise cracking slightly bigger punk. Who can type.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
16 here been playing the original since i was 8 and have been following smash UP UNTIL NOW

Rampage

vx
I started playing the game about a year after it's release and I was...11? I started competitively just last year in september. I'm 15 now. So I'm going to guess at say 16-24

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
You guys are crazy. Or maybe the competitive Smash scene in Texas is a lot older than elsewhere I guess. I've been playing since the original came out, and I'm 24 now. I played regularly with a big group of guys all through college, and we still play Melee frequently. They're all older than me. I'd say the average age of the 10 people I play most frequently with is about 25.
Yeah, I'm thinking its the same for me and my people down here in Baltimore. I'm 22 and most of my crew who play range between 19 and 24. We play most of the mainstream fighters, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter (namly 3rd Strike), Soul Calibur, Naruto GNT and Smash. I remember reading a preview of Smash 64 back in an old Tips & Tricks magazine and bought it about a week or two after it came out. So needless to say I'm old lol.

Top Bottom