• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AvalanchE Presents: "Show Me Your Bo*bs" 8.25.07

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok time again for another ToyWiz Tournament. The last one had 16 people but was the best one by far. I hope this one can be just as good.

Date:

Saturday August 25th

253 West Route 59
Nanuet NY 10977

Times:
Singles Pools: 12:45 PM
Doubles: Immediately after pools
Singles after doubles

Venue Fee:
$10 Manager doesn't take a thing

Entry Fee:
Singles: $20
Doubles: $20

Pot Breakdown:
Singles: 65%/25%/10%
Teams: 70%/20%/10%

Rules:

WOBBLING BANNED

Singles
POOLS: 4 Man FFA on Hyrule Temple to determine Seedings

Elimination:

- Double elimination.

Match Rules:

- All matches are best-of-three. Winner's Finals and Loser's Finals are best-of-five.
- The Grand Finals set will be two best-of-five sets.
- All matches are four stock with an seven minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by percentage. Should percentages be equal, the match will be done over again (same stage, same characters, four stock, eight minutes).
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

Stage Selection:
- Each player has one reset for the first game of the set. This mean along with their knock out they can also reset one random stage.
- After characters are chosen for the first match, both players can knock out one stage for the duration of the set. Random select stages cannot be knocked out.
- Unless all players can agree on a stage, the first stage of a regular set will be randomly selected.
- After each match, the loser of the match can counterpick with a legal stage or elect to go random before characters are chosen.
- All players have one reset per set. Resets may only be used on randomly selected stages during the first five seconds of play. The stage cannot be played again when randomly selected, but is still available for counterpicking.

Character Selection:

- A double blind pick may be called at at the beginning of any set. Tournament staff will judge the selection.
- After each match, the loser may pick the next stage (or go random). After this decision is made, the winner of the previous match may change characters. Afterwards, the loser of the previous match may change characters.
- Characters may not be changed after a reset is called. Once characters are chosen, the decision is in effect until the end of the match.

Teams

Format: All teams will enter standard double elimination brackets.

Elimination: Double elimination.

Special Team Rules:
- Team Attack is ON.
- Life stealing is allowed.

All other rules that apply to singles apply to teams as well.

Stage Listing

Singles

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Fountain of Dreams
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for singles:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Mute City
- Green Greens

The following stages are banned from singles:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Great Bay
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Fourside
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths

Teams

The following stages are available for random select for teams:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Pokémon Stadium

The following stages are available for counterpick for teams:

- All random stages
- Rainbow Cruise
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle
- Mushroom Kingdom II
- Poké Floats
- Corneria
- Brinstar
- Green Greens

The following stages are banned from teams:

- Mushroom Kingdom
- Fountain of Dreams
- Flatzone
- Icicle Mountain
- Princess Peach's Castle
- Mute City
- Venom
- Hyrule Temple
- Yoshi's Island
- Yoshi's Story 64
- Onett
- Big Blue
- Brinstar Depths
Other Rules:

As you can guess, modded controllers are not allowed. Third-party controllers are allowed, but you cannot use their programmable functions. Disqualification will follow if discovered.

Of course, you cannot use glitches or stalling to either disable your opponent or indefinately suspend match play. Doing so can lead to match forfeiture or tournament disqualification.

In an effort to prevent bracket manipulation and to preserve the spirit of the tournament, the following rule is in effect. Matches or entire sets may not, under any circumstances, be voluntarily forfeit by any player for any reason. Match or set forfeiture occurs upon the discovery of a broken rule. Absence from a match or set or voluntary forfeiture will result in total disqualification. Make sure you have a way of being contacted if you happen to be absent from your set when the time to play comes. You can also notify tournament staff if you will be running late beforehand or at any time during the tournament.

Coaching is allowed between matches, but no mid-match instruction may occur. Talking, sneering, and giggling from coaches is allowed, but coaches can be silenced at the request of any player currently engaged in a set.

Trash talking IS ENCOURAGED. No fighting, no rough stuff, no overly abusive language or yelling...you know the deal. Be nice, and try to be good about when you lose because (almost) everyone is guaranteed to lose at least once, so just be good about it.

Please bring your own controller. Please.

Need set ups people as many as last time will be great.

Also the store is in the same complex as Levitz Furniture look for Levitz and go into that complex I will get a sign out front.

As far as set ups I am wanting 9 full set ups, so far we got:

Bailey: 4 TVs 1 Gamecube and Smash and 1 Wii no Smash
ToyWiz: 2 TV
Lean: 1 TV and 1 Gamecube and Smash
Adi: 1 Gamecube and Smash
Phish-it: Smash
EEvisu: 1 TV
Loseyourself: 1 TV and 1 Gamecube and Smash
Coin Chaser: 1 Gamecube and Smash

We want:

9 TVs
9 Gamecube/Wii
9 Smash

We Got:

9 TVs
6 Gamcubes
6 Copies o Smash

We Need

0 TVs (Can bring more extras are always good)
3 Gamecubes
3 Smash

Things that also help:
Power Strips
VCRs
Camera for recording matches and pictures of event
anything else awesome.

PHISH-IT BRING THE TITLE BELT TO DEFEND

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANYTIME DURING THE EVENT

Bailey

Smash Hero
Sorry Mike. Also hopefully many AE members will be there for help.

So Far:
Me (Bailey)
Lean (Not AE but help)
Chunk a Monk (Same as Lean)
Phish-it
Sol?
Ky?
Bino
Reject?
Coin?

The Bino

Smash Lord
Just got confirmation from the man himself

100% that RuBar will attend

and he says this:

BarBino9 (10:04:42 PM): but will you beable to make it 100%
BarBino9 (10:04:51 PM): since ur gonna be going to college the week after
Rugangsta454 (10:05:27 PM): ya def
Rugangsta454 (10:05:42 PM): and ill woop his *** so he doesnt underestimate me
taken from the AIM convo i had with him just now

And im gonna assist Bailey with everything... Brackets, Announcing matches, making sure this tournament runs smoothly

You will get the satisfaction that you get at all past AvalanchE tournaments in this tournament as well

Lets make this pure hottness

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
i like how every post was basically AE posting.........it is early since it was jsut posted yesterday.....sadly i wont b attending thus event for hopefully ill b far south in florida.......ill b in the area after the 23rd i think.....idk if reject is gonna make the trip up....maybe if he times it with his gf......

good luck to everyone that goes...

Double N Dann

Smash Journeyman
SUNY cobleskill... where kids get 3 stocked 3 on 1
it's me, b!tches!

hello smash community! i haven't posted in a very long time, and haven't gone to a tournament in even longer. still being an avalanche member, I will most definitely be comming to this with my loyal companion sean. I'm really looking forward to this, seeing as i haven't been to a tournament in like 6 months, so I really want it to be awesome!

bailey... MM?

my falco vs your fox - $5
my captain falcon vs your peach - $5
my fox vs your marth - $5

any combination of those three or all three if you want, and then we gotta battle on our hands!

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
i hate falco vs marth.......reject is annoying with that....and if DND plays as well the year ago i went to his house....bailey id bet u hed 3 stock u.........

**** i really want to go dnd just so we can team like we wanted to way back when....i cant though but next one when im back at paltz we should team

Bailey

Smash Hero
LOL. Well I am back from Warped Tour and I do not regret going to it instead of Smashacre. I have a partially broken nose lol.

Also the manager says it is all good with everything so people just gotta show up.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Sorry for doubling posting people but does anyone think there should be a date change as in a week back? Since there are tournaments on this day already such as Gauntlet and Ninja Turtle's one. Voice your opinions.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I also say it should be pushed back, and that'd mean that this could be my last ever Melee tournament with you guys before Brawl. However, there's no guarantees I can come on the pushed back date so don't push it back just to accommodate me, even though I know that wasn't on your mind anyway.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok I have made the decision to move the tournament a week back so it won't interfere with other EC tournaments on that date.

Top Bottom