• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Automatically Add Space to Subactions

Yakult

Smash Cadet
An executable to mass input code into multiple subactions in a PlXx.dat file.
Hey everyone. Welcome to the thread about my first every program. You can use this to input any code into one, some, or all of a character's subactions, thus expanding the file. Either use it to add code directly, or add free space to subactions so that you can edit them later.

This program automatically adjusts everything in your file for the input code and saves it as a new file. Then you can just simply import the new file with
DTW or rebuild with gcr.

This is the first program I've written so if you have any feedback feel free to share it with me.

One problem is that Crazy Hand will look for the original subaction offsets not the updated ones and so will hang. In the future I'll update this program to be able to generate a working Crazy Hand compatible file, and to convert between the two.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Download v1: Mediafire or Google Drive

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last edited:

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Yeah it always extends the file size in order to keep all the subactions in the same place and order as the original file. It would have been nice to remove empty space to offset changes in file size where possible but tbh now DTW doesnt always need to rebuild its not too bad like this.

Sporkyz

Smash Rookie
Where exactly would I find PIXx.dat again? I just have PISsPi.dat, and then PIYs.dat. Sorry for being a noob :/

Yakult

Smash Cadet
Oh sorry by PlXx.dat i just meant any character file, eg PlMs.dat, PlPp.dat, PlGn.dat, etc. I should have been more clear

Yakult

Smash Cadet
hmm not sure tbh, it's compiled with pyinstaller. the google drive link has the python script itself (i think its in the .zip file too) so you could install python and run the script. if you do it like that you might have to paste the paths instead of dragging and dropping, and you might need to double any backspaces.. i cant remember how paths look for macs

let me know how it goes :)

The Cape

Smash Master
I tried it out on a WIndows computer. I tried adding 200 blank bits to Bowser for Subaction 135 and it appears not to have taken.

I also tried it with GW 12D, but nothing.

Rebuilt the ISO from Scratch with these files and all it did was screw up the subactions going forward from that point

Edit 2: Looks like I have it.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I look forward to more updates of this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom