• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Autocanceled Dair help

Revven

FrankerZ
Okay, I can do it in 1/4, 1/2, and 2/3 speeds pretty **** well and precise but, when it comes to the normal speed I just... can't seem to do it. My thumb can't reach the C-Stick OR A button in time to do the Dair the minute I jump (because I know it's immediately as you jump, rising with the Dair). I have to wonder HOW you guys are able to do such a feat so consecutively and easily, is there a certain way you hold the controller? Or is it just precise timing in normal speed? Because here's the funny thing.

My left index finger (while rested on the C-Stick for the Dair) can do it in time as I jump. But, this is impractical for me in a match because I'd have to run, immediately switch my left index finger to my C-stick, jump and REAL fast do the C-stick and hope it hits (which it won't because my opponent will have obviously moved out of the way by the time my index finger has reached the C-stick, because I have to PREPARE for it, which usually means stopping, I can't do it all simultaneously). I see the frame when to start the Dair in every of the speeds slower than the norm but, I just CANNOT do it in the norm speed when usually after practicing the tech in the slower speeds I'm able to do it in the norm speed, but, with this... it's just nigh impossible for me.

So, I ask, WHAT is the solution for me? My thumb does not have God like reflexes.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
put your thumb on the space right between the Y and A button, and than do a motion similar to trying to get the fingerprint of your entire thumb and just roll from one button to the other while holding down, that should produce the desired result

Sliq

Smash Master
It's called being good. Get good and it won't be a problem. But seriously, just practice.

echos

Smash Journeyman
I use the analog stick so it's no problem for me to autocancle Ganon's dair. What i would suggest is what sliq said practice. If you can so it some of the time then with enough practice you should be able to do it all of the time. Don't practice on slower speeds either...that never helped anyone do anything....

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
My thumb can't reach the C-Stick OR A button in time to do the Dair the minute I jump (because I know it's immediately as you jump, rising with the Dair). I have to wonder HOW you guys are able to do such a feat so consecutively and easily, is there a certain way you hold the controller? Or is it just precise timing in normal speed?
I have tap jump on, so I just jam up with the analog while jamming down on the C stick. Alternatively, you can press x/y with your finger on the A button at the same time, though the timing is harder due to the lack of precision one finger has on two buttons. Make sure, if you are using X/Y, not to hold them down when you do it or else you'll do a full jump instead of a short hop.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
I use two types of auto-canceled dair: up control stick -> down C, also sliding between the y and the a button in a really quick motion. I got most of my practice while clearing boss battles on intense. each boss has a really long death animation, during which I just dair canceled over and over across the level. it took me a while to beat boss battle on intense, so I got a lot of practice.

Inraika-Zero

Smash Cadet
It's called being good. Get good and it won't be a problem. But seriously, just practice.

Exactly, I posted this same thread, when I sucked with ganon, then after awhile I got it down pat:
Just:
Short hop with Y, Hold down on the control Stick, and Hit A, then lean the control stick in a direction, and repest for a Thunderstorm.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Practice or cheat. Cheat by turning tap on, hit up on the analog stick then down on c-stick
^^This makes things so much easier. But it takes a while too get used to if you've been using x/y for such a long time.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
I changed L to jump since L-canceling no longer exists. It's odd getting used to but I only use it for certain techniques anyways and stick to x/y for the most part.

Griffard

Smash Ace
@phobandit: true, but airdodging before impact with the ground DOES reduce landing lag a bit. not too big of a deal tho

I found it really easy to cheat at first, and now that i've had the timing of that down for a long while, it is easy for me to just use the jump button and plugging in Down and A. Using tap jump is a really good option for Ganon though, since you can get more horizontal movement more easily that way, and it also makes it hard for you to up tilt sort of, which is generally a positive.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Try turning jump tap on. As soon as you hit up, use C-stick down. Works like a charm for me and it probably wouldn't hurt your Gannon's game that badly since you are never going to use the up tilt.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
put your thumb on the space right between the Y and A button, and than do a motion similar to trying to get the fingerprint of your entire thumb and just roll from one button to the other while holding down, that should produce the desired result
this is how i practiced to do it. just hold down and flick the thumb. once you get it its easy as cake

Top Bottom