• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Auto Sweet Spot Glitch

FrankTheFoot

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if this was widely known or not. When you auto sweet spot a ledge with Wolf's Up-B or Side-B, if you then choose to fall off of the ledge, you will then have considerably less aerial mobility until you choose to jump again or use any move. It only affects certain character's moves. Is this common knowledge?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Idk if this is common knowledge or which characters suffer from this, but I've always noticed it with Wolf. Never realized a difference between when I recovered to the ledge using upB/sideB or just jumped on though, tbh... I have no idea why it happens or the true mechanics behind it @_@

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
No... don't think so. Unless I misunderstood the OP, this doesn't involve a third jump, just an action from the ledge. It's not lightstepping/telestepping where you hit the ledge at a certain angle that cancels your recovery and gives you your second jump back.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I do know that occasionally with Wolf (And I think Falco too) my air speed is suddenly really slow until I use my 2nd jump or bair. I've never paid attention to what triggers it though.

FrankTheFoot

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm not referring to either of those. Test it out, you'll see what I mean. Drop from the ledge without auto sweet spotting it with Up-B or Side-B, then do it again when you do auto sweet spot it. You'll notice you can't move left/right in the air as easily

Choice

Smash Champion
i responded to this in the falco thread, but just so wolf peeps know too. when you have landing penalty, your air mobility is decreased til you land.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i responded to this in the falco thread, but just so wolf peeps know too. when you have landing penalty, your air mobility is decreased til you land.
I did not know this, but I always sorta noticed I moved slower when I had LP still. Cool stuff to keep in mind.

Choice

Smash Champion
your top air speed is decreased as is your acceleration. this is why a non-spacey with landing penalty is pretty easy to play ledge game with.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Y'know... this explains so much.

Are you positive that using an aerial/DJ doesn't get rid of this penalty? We should get more definitive data on this, someone call a smash researcher :o

Choice

Smash Champion
double jump generates its own momentum, which is why it may seem like your air mobility is back to normal but its not for sure. i dunno if aerials actually improve it at all or not, but i know for sure that they don't remove it entirely.

i tested this by jumping from the edge of a stage with and without penalty and comparing where i would land. doing aerials or buffering dj still dont give you as much mobility as you have without penalty. i never compared the test case of landing penalty w/aerials vs landing penalty w/o aerials though. my guess would be that there isnt any difference or only a slight difference if you aerial in the same direction that you desire to accelerate into.

Top Bottom