• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aussie Brawl SPOILER DISC

Bjay

Smash Lord
ahh thanks mic, it wouldnt let me edit post lol.

The roster comes nicely, shame about Toon Link and Ganondorf though.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Sakurai is on crack.

EDIT:

After making this statement I thought to myself. "Ben what are you saying, Sakurai is a great guy, a genius, he wouldn't smoke crack. It can't be true. But what other explanation is there for ROB being included as a playable character???

So I decided to do a bit of investigative journalism and get to the bottom of the whole story.

ROB being in the game was such a weird character choice there were many many more deserving characters, this was the first clue. Then I took a look at a few of the Sub Space Emissary videos that have been put up on YouTube recently. Marth and Metaknight beating up SSE cronies whom were wielding long green LIGHT SABRES!!!! It suddenly all came together Robots, Lightsabres, bad *** dudes in capes.

Sakurai has STAR WARS FEVER!!

I called Sakurai to see if he was okay. He started pouring his heart out to me, telling me how Star Wars fever was affecting every facet of his life including the development of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. He also told me about how it started.

Early last year Sakurai called up his good mate Kazushige Nojima(FF7 scenario writer) to confirm their plans to meet at Sakurai's penthouse to finally finish writing the story for SSB Brawl's single player mode. Nojima was totally pumped. He said he would bring some beer and his gamecube controller (for a bit of writer's block destroying melee action). Sakurai told Nojima to bring his copy of Melee because his own had disintegrated from over use. Nojima was cool with that.

Around 7pm Nojima arrived at Sakurai's place. They got straight to work. After 4 hours writing at a feverish pace they were stuck, they couldn't figure out to incorporate Master Hand into a plot that involved characters playing either Kirby's Adventure or FF7 then 'brawling' over which one was the better game. Nojima suggested they take a break, Sakurai agreed. They went straight to the gamecube. Nojima complained that the game would lag (the game was plugged into Sakurai's 100 inch plasma) Sakurai told him to stop being a baby and go get his copy of Melee. Nojima grabbed the case cracked it open.......

"F**K" Nojima exclaimed.
"What's wrong?" queried Sakurai.

Nojima had not placed his copy of Melee back into it's case. Sakurai asked what was in its place (he had caught a glimpse of a disc in the case as Nojima opened it). Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back said Nojima. Sakurai had never heard of this game.... Who made it he asked, Sony? No no no it is a movie said Nojima. Sakurai said that it may take their minds of Brawl and help them get out of their rut. So they watched it...

Sakurai was amazed......

The effects, the love story, the ENDING!!! What?!!?!? Darth Vader is Luke's father.... It changed his life.... He couldn't get it out of his head.

And that is why we have ended up where we are today......

The last character is Wolf. There is a screen shot of him standing in with all the other playables in SSE.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
umm.. wasnt ness confirmed?

i dunno how teh heck i missed him... so this is the complete roster eh? + wolf? well... ridley wouldv'e been nice but.. so is this.. im satasfied
:( no dragon character
:(:(:( bye bye mewtwo
:( no additional metroid/f-zero characters

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lawl.

That's soo true. I saw a similar one with just fox pictures all over the roster.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
HAHAHA

Toon Master FTW!

I really really like the roster. Its really sweet.

King Dedede and Wolf are the two I am really excited about.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Bjay you'll need to get hold of some Octopussy. OCTOPUSSY
I'll say it again.
O...C...T...O...P...U...SSS...Y
O.C.T.O.P.U.S.S.Y

Octopussy for the win! Takes the opponent down with it slowly with its 8 erectile appendages that seek to find a hole on the victim to insert into. Octopussy works extremely well against Peach, Zelda, Marth (he looks like a woman without long hair and lipstick) and Samus/Zamus; Zamus in particular, and Yoshi (is it a she?)

Well... Yoshi has 2 noseholes and a place where he can easily lay eggs from without screeching like those chickens do when they lay eggs... you get the picture yeah.

*drum roll*
Mr GAW Fsmash FTW! A tiny 2D retro-stickman becomes one Gigantic floating monsterpussy that is somewhat familiar with His Noodliness, the Flying Spaghetti Monster sans meatballs.

Top Bottom