• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aussie Brawl Might Have No Online?

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
Can it be a razor boomerang. with Knives? I like Knives, they make me feel all tingly.

if not well don_metaknight can come to my place considering he lives in vic.lol yea **** me off again you *******and you can toyou melbournian lol.
Acually i'm in WA

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
no no no you idiots you yhave to smack him ova the head with a digridoo lol.boomarang wtf?
**** c'mon get your 5cent jetstar flights allready.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
It's good to play the stereotype every now and again, especially if we're still crapped on by Nintendo of Australia.

We'll get online. <- that's a blind hope, but it's all we have.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
you can just give me your poke fc and we can chat lol.
If you're talking to me (which i assume), i no longer have that game.

There was an unfortunant inccident with a lawnmower. (Such are the problems of little sisters)

And if your talking about something else, well i'm feeling slow today.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
that dose not matter wait for it to be 30dollers then get it i dont meet many austrialians on her so yep

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
Yeh, ther aint many of us around.
I guess I'll just wait for it to go down (price wise) and buy it, or try to force my sister to buy it.

DeltaWolf

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo are idiots if they do this. Australia is one of their biggest markets (after the US Japan and Europe - at least we beat Middle East).

Melee was big in Australia, and Brawl can easily be bigger if they stop being jerks :p. (unless this isn't true)

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
A dingo took my
baby
wifi!

Also i lol'd at the drop bears comment.

Nintendo gave us access for Strikers, they'll give us access to Brawl over the Wifi.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
I doubt this is true, but if it does end up being true then its the final goodbye to NoAU for me.

Import an NTSC Wii or mod your PAL Wii. Because we shouldn't have to put up with Nintendo's ****.

smashbros_fox

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine Brawl not having Wi-Fi when MSC did but if for some reason that happened ill be very very annoyed..its bad enough i went and got MOH: H2 in the morning on the release date to come home and find out there was no Wi-Fi..

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
well, as far as i know, european games work on australian wiis, adnsince europe has wifi, i'll just get a european smash, assuming that we (the aussies) get screwed over yet again.

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
like 32 million people do and alot of them have wii's get with the program hello no wii for 14 months?????wtf??

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The problem with Brawl's online play is that it won't allow you to play people with whom you have a great ping.

As such, importing will not allow you to play online! I live in Sweden. The only thing I'm able to do is watch Japanese players play. I've tried playing against some American players but that failed. Said American players couldn't play people outside of America either, but they could play against each other. Also, I've seen a bunch of people complain about not being to use With Anyone and no one actually stating that they managed to get it to work.

As such, it's been speculated that you can only play against players on your own continent (or if your continent is too vast, in a country near you). Trying to play With Anyone won't work unless people close to you try to connect with it and trying to play With Friends against someone from another continent will cause you to disconnect.

As such, if Australia doesn't get Online play, importing will only allow you to play against other Australians who import.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
that does suck...if it were true. i dont think it is, even though australia is an island with little population compared to North America, Europe, and Japan, they cannot just ignore a whole continent of online playing to people. If that does happen, there is going to be some massive retaliation from an army down under.

Top Bottom