• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aus SSBM Rules

Imortal Demigod

Smash Rookie
What rules do most Australian tournaments play by, or what rules do you guys play by? I know of them, no items 4 stock, etc, but I mainly want to know how to whole counterpick stage/char is done, and what stages are allowed/disallowed, anyway any form of help is greatly appreciated.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Hey guy. Basically it's generally pretty similar to the MLG rules or whatever you'd see in most tourneys worldwide. Character selection can be done with the blind picks and such, but generally here we just go with the honour system - most people already realise which character they'd be facing before a match starts anyway. Wherever you're from check the corresponding thread - theres one for Vic, WA, QLD, NSW, Tas.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah no worries. Just go to the Sydney thread if you're the demigod interested in attending the next sydney tourney.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah no worries. Just go to the Sydney thread if you're the demigod interested in attending the next sydney tourney.
Yes, there's always like 2340928340984398 spare copies of the rules at our tourneys XD.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
LPC South Australian Rules
www.lanpartycentral.com.au

1v1
4 Stock
No time Limit
No Items
Grand Final will be best of 3 (unless bot players want more rounds)

Stage: Random out of (unless both agree on a stage)
-Final Destination
-Pokemon Stadium
-Kirby Dream Land N64

1v1 Grand Final Stages (unless both agree on a stage)
-Final Desination
-Pokemon Stadium
-Kirby Dream Land N64

2v2
4 stock
No time limit
No Items
Team Attack off

Stage: Random out of (unless both teams agree on a stage)
-Final Destination
-Pokemon Stadium
-Corneria
-Kirby Dream Land N64

Games will be played in 60hz ONLY.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc.), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If this is problem occurrs, find me or another admin (be prepared to have proof/witnesses).

Restart Rule - When a match starts and a player does not want to play the randomly selected stage he/she has 5 seconds to pause and quit the match so long as no lives were lost and no damage was given. Each player gets 1 per set (only applies to the first match of a set)

In the case of a console/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
I was under the impression that there were more stages to choose from...battlefield, Fountain of Dreams and the like?

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aus SSBM Rules
Yes, yes it does.

I was under the impression that there were more stages to choose from...battlefield, Fountain of Dreams and the like?
It depends on the tournament host. Obviously South Australia likes having less stages on random. I personally think they should have Yoshi Story to counteract the effect of having a big stage like DL64, but as I said before, its the tournament host's decision.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I was under the impression everyone played in Lightning mode.

No wonder its been hard for me to go from Casual Player to Competitive player when practicing things like short hops and l-canceling.

He he he.

Top Bottom