• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AuraShade's guide to the wonderful world of Link (UPDATED 7/28)

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide

Anyone who writes a guide obviously knows what they're doing

You may hear this often, but I'd like to see a match of yours

-Ter

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
lmao i cant believe you(thread creator) are trying to put a name on projectile setups.
thats what link has always been for. setting up the opponent & forcing them into situiations they dont want to be.
spamming in random directions will get you no where.
you have to know where your opponent wants to go and force them in the opposite direction. its a game of chess...with projectiles.

Truer words were never spoken. This is the type of game that makes Link good.

Force

Smash Apprentice
I thought of something strange but now that link has AT's that allow him to do everything he could do normally with a bomb in his hand except uptilt and forward tilt.... maybe between his ability to clawshot recovery after a 300% fully charged downsmash from fox and his ability to keep a bomb on his person at all times his recovery will get better as people start to get insane with him. maybe every n-air and F-air done with link while on his killing approach should be done after a bombdrop-cancel. maybe every Z-air should be done after a dodge(while holding a bomb) maybe there is a style with link that has not been invented yet that makes his recovery good??? just food for thought. i've been playing with this notion for a bit and its kinda fun to juggle bombs the whole game.

*edit* this notion goes well with your idea of saving the bomb as a last resort. Maybe there is an AT that involves a fulljump backward bombdrop/bombreload for when bombs bout to explode

Unknown17

Smash Ace
Wow...i always use my projectliles but never given it a name..."dome" sounds cool...i pretty much do the same thing just use my projectliles to do massive damage on my opponents...a good deffence is a good offence...*smile*...

Lootic

Smash Apprentice
im all natural science and I have all the time in the world, suckers.

And since I have a life I will not be around here as often as you guys during the summer.

TwinTurbo

Smash Cadet
im waiting for some guidance on his advanced techniques...how do you do the sliding usmash? i cant seem to do it!

*edit*

DAC/dash attack cancel

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
im waiting for some guidance on his advanced techniques...how do you do the sliding usmash? i cant seem to do it!

*edit*

DAC/dash attack cancel
Have you looked at Izaw's "Art of Link" video? Basically, Dash>>Down C-Stick>>Up-Z in a well-timed, smooth motion. It's just takes time and practice to get the timing down. It's not hard to pull off once you master the technique.

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
This thing if we can call it a "guide" is the worst ever.

Yeah you use the boomerang and charge the arrow and then almost any char can run to you short hop or full jump and then use air dodge to evade the arrow or boomerang and kick your *** before you can use the bomb.

Other caracters can just stand there and wait for the bomb to explode on you.

Some others have lasers and more spamable projectiles.

As always the arrogant ans stupid aurashade has come with pure crapp.

I hope your next update really contributes something.

Kennahh

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed, sending Magikarp. (Killingworth, CT)
(Removed due to idiocy)
The utter fail of this post ceases to amaze me, I think your problem is that you are too stupid to realize that as the battle rages on, you don't HAVE to do anything.

Just because you start a dome of defense doesn't mean you have to finish it, and if someone starts moving as you throw your boomerang, you change the direction based on the direction they are coming in, and if they are prepared to attack you from the air, then why would you use the arrow? Come on, it's common sense. The dome of defense is a GUIDELINE, not set in stone, it's VERY useful when you have the time to pull it off, but it's not like you have to finish the entire thing every time you do it.
Also, when you say other "caracters" can just stand there and wait for the bomb to explode on you,
THERE IS THIS THING CALLED A SHIELD
that blocks stuff, it's pretty cool, because you can like, block something as easily predicted as the bomb coming down, assuming you don't just move out of the way, which you quite apparently; can't contemplate.

People like you don't deserve to use the internet, never mind a Wii, Brawl, and access to this site, where you can try to criticize someone else who is WAY better than you'll ever be, in the crappiest grammar I've ever seen in my entire life, if you try to make it through high school, or are trying to now, I suggest you dive your nose in the books this summer, because you'll need to play as much catch up as you can, you seriously have the grammar of a six year old. Hey! No one can hurt you on the internet, right? You'll be famous for picking on Aurashade's guide, promise!

I leave you with a short lesson, Mr. Tanori, that lesson is to not be a f****** tool.
Thank you, and have a nice day.

AURASHADE IS GOD, YOU CAN'T FLAME GOD.
Aurashade, I think I believe that I should get the flame job.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
This thing if we can call it a "guide" is the worst ever.

Yeah you use the boomerang and charge the arrow and then almost any char can run to you short hop or full jump and then use air dodge to evade the arrow or boomerang and kick your *** before you can use the bomb.

Other caracters can just stand there and wait for the bomb to explode on you.

Some others have lasers and more spamable projectiles.

As always the arrogant ans stupid aurashade has come with pure crapp.

I hope your next update really contributes something.
Change your character thumbnail right now. You're a disgrace.

That work?

TANORI

Smash Journeyman
You are so funny guys, and one of you even called aurashade a god LOL

That "dome" is so predictable and easy to stop, Link is not even the best campy character there are others that can camp way way better than him.

And yeah my grammar is horrible i know that but for someone that english is not their first language i think is pretty decent.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
Dude they're all different strategies that may work or may not. The factor that goes into if they work or not is how the user uses the character, so technically anyone's technique is valid unless proven horribly wrong.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace

That "dome" is so predictable and easy to stop, Link is not even the best campy character there are others that can camp way way better than him.

And yeah my grammar is horrible i know that but for someone that english is not their first language i think is pretty decent.
You obviously don't understand the purpose of a guide do you? Who are you anyway?

And horrible grammer is horrible grammer, no excuses...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
wow tanori thanks for being an idiot. and stating the obvious

we all know certain characters can out camp link (FALCO)

and we all know fast characters can get around the dome (METAKNIGHT)

why don't you stop stating the obvious because we all know link isn't a good character but a mediocre one at best. It is almost link you are flaming link and his abilities instead of the useful strategy guides aurashade izaw and others put up.

Link has a lot of weakness's (RECOVERY) so if you are looking for a guide to perfect your link skills to the point where he is the best character in the game it won't happen. Guides like these (ONCE IT IS COMPLETED) are meant to be helpful to those who enjoy playing link. There not meant to be flammed upon by idiots like you who like to state the obvious. You don't know what useful strategies aurashade has because he hasn't completed the guide so why don't you wait until it is before you come and criticize one of the really good link players on this board.

Aurashade may not be a god as some say but he is probably way better than you and probably has a lot more knowledge of this game than you. Thats why criticizing a player that is better than you makes you looks stupid for bringing up obvious points that can even be proven by people with the status of smash noob (KENNAHH) who brings up some interesting points that a guide merely sets out guild lines that are not set in stone. If these strategies don't work on certain characters (and they wont because some characters can just flat out beat these strategies) then don't use them. You'll have to be more creative to beat characters that provide match up problems for link like Falco and Metaknight for the very reason that these strategies don't work. I recommend you come up with some strategies on your own that end up being better and make up your own guide (which will probably be locked) instead of making claims that are simply proven null by KENNAHH and I while making yourself look stupid to other people.

I'm sure many people will agree with you that these strategies don't always work and I am one of them. But when I find out that they are not working because of my opponents playing style or match up problems, I STOP USING THEM and use other strategies instead. You want to know what....I WIN because guides like these (not this one yet as it is not complete) teach you basics to integrate into YOUR OWN playing style. You won't win by simply carbon copying another persons playing style because it is extremely hard to do (near impossible). You must rather learn what GOOD players have to say and integrate some of their techniques into your game.

If you do this you will

1. Find out there is no need to criticize strategies because you will use them once in a while in certain situations and therefore find out that even if they are bad strategies in your opinion, they work in certain situations and because they work (get ready for the amazing part) they are actually considered good strategies in the eyes of most. Especially since brawl is all about what you do in certain situations.

2. You will actually win more matches by becoming a more situational player and learning out to deal with them.

3. You will not look like a noob or idiot on this thread anymore because you will be considered a better player by the smash community.

I have made the same mistake as you in the past but have actually improved my game a lot (ask Legan as we play each other a lot) because of these guides integrating things like the dome. I once thought it was terrible because of the same reasons as you but I ended up realizing brawl is all about what you do in certain situations and I know use it in those situations and win.

So I can see where you are coming from tanori but once you realize your comments really don't hold any meat in this thread because

1. You seem to be flaming the character
and
2. You really have no idea what you are talking about or who you are talking (flaming) to

If you get past all of that you might be able to develop into a half decent smash player as I have and become someone of experience and intelligence about the game instead of flamed for stupid and somewhat obvious comments.

At least I am not criticizing you on stupid things like grammar. COME ON GUYS ALL OF YOU BE SMART IN WHAT YOU SAY

DireklianCliff

Smash Cadet
my guide kicks *** anyone who says otherwise is clearly lying or just plain wrong.
Not to start a flame war, but... this guide is incomplete, and therefore nobody can say anything about whether or not it is good. It is merely incomplete, and therefore I think trash talking is inappropriate.

Aurashade, several times I have seen people call you a god, but I don't see any videos or complete guides. This leads me to be fairly skeptical as to your ability. Is there any way you can Wifi with someone who has video capture technology so I could see a video of your abilities? I would very much like to see you in action and put this self-proclaimed title to the test.

When you come back to the Link boards, please try to provide some kind of proof as to your abilities. Because right now.... we've got nothing.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Not to start a flame war, but... this guide is incomplete, and therefore nobody can say anything about whether or not it is good. It is merely incomplete, and therefore I think trash talking is inappropriate.

Aurashade, several times I have seen people call you a god, but I don't see any videos or complete guides. This leads me to be fairly skeptical as to your ability. Is there any way you can Wifi with someone who has video capture technology so I could see a video of your abilities? I would very much like to see you in action and put this self-proclaimed title to the test.

When you come back to the Link boards, please try to provide some kind of proof as to your abilities. Because right now.... we've got nothing.
You people need to READ THESE **** FORUMS....

He doesn't have the ability to record, end of story.
Do you know who Skler is? Because he has acknowledged Aurashade before, which has been mentioned on these boards many, many times...

Lootic

Smash Apprentice

YOU MY FREIND ARE FUNNY, your so serious bout everything, its a freaking webpage for people that like smashbros. And Aurashade has godly flamingskills and everyone here supports him and his godly skills. Why are you here anyway? Nobody likes you, you dont say any intelligent and i dont think you know anything bout link (since you critisise the dome).

Btw, HEY LAZYSHADE!!, when are you going to finish your guide, and screw the c.falcon boards(please) we need you.
Missed me? <3

edit: aurashades guide has been rated, what noobs rates an unfinished guide...

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Is he seriously still on the C falcon boards....thought he said it would be only a week....

Top Bottom