• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Buffs Lucario's Recovery Now. Yay.

HiFlo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hi.Flo
3DS FC
1865-1068-2662
I think it's more of a nerf, personally. Past 30% or so it just becomes a detriment and is harder to control.

I have zero problem controlling UpB at any %, just keep practicing with him more! You have so many options on how you want to return to the stage, i especially like aiming for the opponent once and awhile as they always forget the hitbox on the end.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Hello Lucario mains. I hate Lucario's aura now. He. just. won't. die.
And he hits like a tank on steroids going 3000 mph.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
This was a much needed buff.
Anybody who doesnt believe Lucario's UpB was total trash and a complete ****ing JOKE in Brawl is an idiot. Short range, had a charge delay, 0 offensive power, put him in free fall so it wasnt even a boost.

At 0% its not much better, but at least its got that kick if you time it right. 40%-120% is when i start using it a ton including offensively to get that kick in the face in. He drastically needed this, it was totally unfair that his recovery was USELESS and not a single other character was (even Ness had a better one)
All it means is hes yet another character in this game that doesnt die unless you clear him off the board/meteor him. Big deal, damn near all of them do that now since the "wall" is closer than usual (or it feels that way to me anyway)

Oh and ive done Lucario mirror matches. Let me say this: THAT IS FREAKING FUN! lol it is SO HARD to land anything because youre both dashing all over the place and syking counter attempts.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
This was a much needed buff.
Anybody who doesnt believe Lucario's UpB was total trash and a complete ****ing JOKE in Brawl is an idiot. Short range, had a charge delay, 0 offensive power, put him in free fall so it wasnt even a boost.
That's a bit harsh, as I don't think it was THAT bad.
At 0% its not much better, but at least its got that kick if you time it right. 40%-120% is when i start using it a ton including offensively to get that kick in the face in. He drastically needed this, it was totally unfair that his recovery was USELESS and not a single other character was (even Ness had a better one)
All it means is hes yet another character in this game that doesnt die unless you clear him off the board/meteor him. Big deal, damn near all of them do that now since the "wall" is closer than usual (or it feels that way to me anyway)
Yeah, this time around his survivability is exceptional. He really can't be downed unless flat-out KO'd. I think the blast zones are further out this time, though.
Oh and ive done Lucario mirror matches. Let me say this: THAT IS FREAKING FUN! lol it is SO HARD to land anything because youre both dashing all over the place and syking counter attempts.
I did this a few nights ago in For Glory matches. I met a guy who used Lucario in a very similar fashion to me. Aerial approaches, Aura Sphere frequency, and just overall tactics made for more than a few tense moments, all of which was amplified by the fact that I was going up against a target that was as dangerous as me. Lucario's aura was always pretty fearsome, but I never realized it until I went up against another Lucario user. Was a lot of fun, though, that is, until I switched to Mega Man. Then he started destroying me.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
The last mirror i had was too laggy to continue with so i left afterwords but it was hilarious to watch him and me do almost the exact same combos...and miss so we basically mirrored each other lol. Both jump at each other, miss the neutral air, land, downtilt AWAY from each other simo....really wish i could set replays to autosave because i keep forgetting to do it lol.

Lucario mirrors are the only ones ive had that are fun. Wario/Diddykong ones are dumb.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's all fun and games, until you do the ditto matchup. Then you need to know just how silly how it can be.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I recently found something very fun do with the new and improved Extreme Speed: Sudden Death

I was doing some matches against my roommate shortly after we first got the game. At one point we were put into Sudden Death since we were both down to one stock after the timer ran out. For a few tense moments I started thinking about how I was going to approach the situation, coming up with stratagems and postulating tactical maneuvers to land that all-important killing blow.

Then, suddenly, I remembered that I was playing with Smash4 Lucario.

Newly armed with my realization, when the announcer's voice screamed "Go!" I immediately initiated an Extreme Speed toward my enemy. Before the the word "Go!" had even faded from the screen, it was promptly replaced with "Game!" and Lucario's win music began playing in my headphones.

So it turns out, on Omega form stages 1v1 at least, the characters are spaced at just the right distance for Lucario's full-aura Extreme Speed to drop the hitbox right on the opponent's spawn point. Of course in Sudden Death, both characters are at 300% damage... I think you get the idea. ;)

After that match, every single time I have been taken to Sudden Death using Lucario, I've done the exact same thing, and it's won me Sudden Death every single time except for once, and that was only because I angled the circle pad up just a tiny tiny bit, which sent Lucario sailing off the other side of the stage to his demise (oops!). I know it won't work if the opponent knows to expect it, but damned if it ain't satisfying when you catch the other guy totally off-guard like that!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wouldn't it be funnier just to Force Palm?

Top Bottom