• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Aug 9, 2014] War of the Roses! Melee Singles/Doubles FEAT. PGH Carroll (Weirton, WV)

lami

Smash Journeyman
War of the Roses is a SSBM singles and doubles tournament in Weirton, WV (only 35 min away from downtown PGH)

DOORS: 11:30 PM

MELEE DOUBLES: 12:00 PM

MELEE POOLS: 2:00 PM

MELEE SINGLES BRACKET: 4:00 PM

All times are flexible and are subject to change.

Cash Prizes for top 3 of each tournament (possibly top 5 if turnout is large enough)

Venue: $10 (Grants entry into one tournament of your choice.)
$5 for extra event.

DISCOUNT FOR BRINGING A FULL SETUP (GCs, Melee, CRT)

Food around the venue: There is a Subway about 2 minutes walking distance from the venue, along with a few gas stations and a convenience store. Fujiyama Hibachi restaurant is also available for the more fancy. All participants are invited to come to the Eat n Park on Three Springs Dr. after the tournament ends for some food and merriment.

Venue also has a pool. :>

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
YO, Carroll is showing his face on WV turf? Gonna have to rally up the Charleston crew for this.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
We might have to have a crew battle?! If Krox can make it, we'll have a solid lineup. WV vs. PGH/NEOH?!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Btw are there any plans for streaming/recording? The Charleston crew is definitely gonna try and make this.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Good looks. Yo Charleston just got 28 entrants for Melee singles on Friday for WV's record attendance. I want that record to be broken on August 9th with this tournament. Let's get the hype going!

beanwolf

Smash Apprentice
There is no internet at the venue (as per the TO), but I am gonna local record at the crispiest quality within 480p reason, probably like something ridiculous like 5000kbps.

D-3P0

Smash Rookie
had a feeling that would happen
I have my eye on a way better venue come WotR2

lami

Smash Journeyman
RESULTS:

SINGLES:

1. Taki
2. KrazyKrox
3. KrazyKnux
4. S1
5.Carroll
5. Nakamaru
7. Mach
7. Stro
9. Beanwolf
9. M@v
9. Life
9. Yardo
13. Kneed
13. Casual Friday
13. Based Dog
13. Jarvitz
17. C00s
17. RYCS
17. h0td0g
17. b0l0gna
17. AGC
17. Wormwood
17. Pony
17. Gnarly
25. Dog

(The only reason Dog is 25 rather than 17 is because he did not have a bye in the first round of losers due to the way the bracket was setup.)

DOUBLES:

1. KrazyKnux + KrazyKrox
2. Carroll + S1
3. M@v + Mach
4. Yardo + Taki
5. Beanwolf + Stro
5. Kip Smithers + B-Funk
7. DP Based Dog + DP Noel
7. AL | CasualFriday + Pony
9. TS + Wormwood
9. RYCS + C00s
9. Jarvitz + Life
9. h0td0g + b0l0gna

M@v

Subarashii!
Why not officially submit the results so we can do the rankings thingy? anyway top 10 characters:

1. Taki :marthmelee::foxmelee:
2. KrazyKrox:foxmelee:
3. KrazyKnux:foxmelee:
4. S1:foxmelee:
5.Carroll:foxmelee:
5. Nakamaru:falconmelee::marthmelee:(??? dont know if he used more)
7. Mach:foxmelee:
7. Stro:linkmelee:
9. Beanwolf:sheikmelee:
9. M@v:sheikmelee:
9. Life:marthmelee:
9. Yardo:falcomelee:

:foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee::foxmelee:

Last edited:

lifexlust

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3110-5632-7893
Yo, can I request that h0td0g (myself) & b0l0gna have OM | added before our names in both singles and doubles? It was supposed to be put into the bracket but unfortunately wasn't.

Top Bottom