• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Aug 15, 2015] Bourbon State Smash: Kerfuffle! (Something2Do)

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Here is another Bourbon State Smash tournament! We hope to get a lot of people to show up! Our special event this time is called Kerfuffle! The rules are further down.

Bring a full set up (includes TV) for 1$ off your entry fee!

Competitive Singles Tournament
Double Elimination
No Custom Moves
Default Miis
Venue: Something 2 Do
August 15th, 2015
Start time: 12:10 PM

PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FEES
Competetive Bracket Entry fee: 7$ Total
(5$ event fee, 1$ venue fee, 1$ extra prize fee)

Special Event Entry fee: 1$
PLEASE BRING CASH FOR FEES

Bring your own controller. We will have Gamecube adapters on each of the tournament set-ups.

[collapse=Payouts]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Payouts
Prizes will be determined by the number of entrants. We'll be using the following system:
Singles:
50+ Players/Teams: Top Eight
25-49 Players/Teams: Top Six
16-24 Players/Teams: Top Four
12-15 Players/Teams: Top Three
Under 12 Players/Teams: Top Two
Top Eight Payout:
1st: 38%
2nd: 26%
3rd: 16%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
7th: 2%
Top Six Payout:
1st: 40%
2nd: 28%
3rd: 16%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
Top Four Payout:
1st: 45%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
Top Three Payout:
1st: 50%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 20%
Top Two Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 40%
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/collapse]

Singles:
[collapse=Singles]

Stage List

---Starter Stages---

● Battlefield (Miiverse is counted as re-skin of battlefield)
● Omega Palutena's Temple (in place of Final Destination)
● Smashville

---Counterpick Stages---

● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Skyloft
● Dreamland 64
● Omega Stages*

* Treated as Final Destination in banning phase.
If Final Destination is banned, Omegas are banned and vice versa

C. Additional Rules

● Stage Striking: For the first round the player with port priority strikes one stage from the Starter Stage list. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match.
● Stage Clause: You cannot counterpick a stage that has already been played on in the set.
● Stage Bans: After a game, the player who won the
previous game may ban 3 stages from either the Starter or Counterpick lists. Then the player who lost may choose one of the remaining stages to play on.
I'll have a copy of the stage list at each station, so don't worry.

---The Matches---

Matches will be best 2 out of 3.
The Grand Finals will become best 3 out of 5.
No items.
3 Stocks.
8 minutes.
[/collapse]

-----Special Game Mode--------
[collapse=Special Game Mode]
Kerfuffle!

Price: 1$

Kerfuffle will be a second bracket going on during the event to test your skills with the entire roster.

It will follow the normal 1v1 rules we have (stages, times, stocks) however there is a fun twist. You may only play a character ONCE in the entire Kerfuffle game mode tournament. So each match of a set you will have to play a different character. If I play Roy game 1 I can not play him game 2 or game 15 (if I even get that far). This is going to be a fun game mode that will only cost 1$ to get in! I really hope you guys get excited for it because I think it is a cool idea. We will have the cash pot and a 1st place prize for this bracket. Kerfuffle will start a little bit before the main bracket. Ask any questions you have about it.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Venue Rules]
RULES FOR BOURBON STATE SMASH
- Brandy is the venue manager. What she says goes.
- Refrain from cursing. This is still a game store and multiple children do come to browse the store daily.
- No stalling. If you are unsure of what it is, ask one of the organizers.
- Contain the salt. No controller slamming, fight starting, or anything in that aspect.
- No food or drinks near the setups. You wouldn’t want your Wii U smelling like Chipotle, so neither do we.
- Drugs and alcohol are banned from Something2Do. If we see it/smell it on you then pack up and leave.
- Disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. If flagrant, we will penalize or disqualify.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- Don’t pause unless there is a legitimate problem. TO will determine if pause was legitimate, if not legitimate then the player who paused will lose a stock.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc. Keep your controller with you. A good idea is to get a colored twist-tie and put that around the cable of you controller.
- Respect the setups. We all worked hard for our stuff so no damaging anything. You will be perma-banned for this.
- You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. You must pay the event and venue fee by the deadline, as well. If you know you are coming and have already contacted me about being a few minutes late you need to pay as soon a you get here. Usually the latest I will allow is about 20 minutes.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events, forfeiture of all prizes, and a potential 1 event suspension at the T.O's discretion.
- Any game that goes to Time will ignore the Sudden Death tie breaker. The winner of the game will be decided by higher stock count. If the stock count is tied then the player with the lower percentage will be the winner. If both stocks and percentage are tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute rematch will occur. Both players must play the same characters for this rematch.
- Do not touch any of the computers or streaming equipment owned by the Tournament Organizers. I will disqualify anyone I see messing with them without permission.
- Failure to follows these rules can get you kicked out with no refund.
There is plenty of food around. Firehouse Subs, Fazolis, Starbucks, Qdoba, etc. You can walk over to Papa John’s in this same strip and grab a pizza, as well.
Let me know if you need to step out to grab some food and I can try to push back your matches, but don’t take too much time. I have the right to mark you as losing the match if you aren’t present.
Respect the TO's, as we are doing this for you guys.
[/collapse]

LINKS

https://www.facebook.com/events/473593206148052/

and

[URL]http://bss.challonge.com/Kerfuffle
[/URL]

Last edited:

Kaiyedy

Smash Cadet
Two questions about Kerfuffle:
1- Does 'random' count as it's own character (just choosing it and hoping for the best) and if it is, and I get a character that I haven't had before, can I choose that character again later?
2- If there are a lot of people signing up for this, will the character bracket reset one everyone has played a character once?

Giganterra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Giganterra
We're still deciding on Random let me get back to you on that one.

If you somehow play every single character then yes it will reset. Note that is 55 characters

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
Looks like we are gonna have a great turnout for this one!

Dagduh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abpard
No teams here?
We are bringing Doubles back for sure, but the special bracket for this one is Kerfuffle mode. So no 2v2 teams at this event. Our next event will have a 3v3 bracket, however.

Piece-o-crap

Smash Rookie
Today is the day! Looking to have around 60. Feel free to come out and experience the hype!

Top Bottom