• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATTN Freeloader users!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I don't know if we got the update or not (my wii's not setup atm, so I haven't checked) but an update hit Europe Wiis a day or two ago and it's been confirmed to kill Freeloaders, so be warned!

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Yup, I heard about it. I'm going to buy the PAL Brawl anyway (I live in Europe), so I don't really care. It sucks though, now the Freeloader is kind of worthless.

Bjay

Smash Lord
We all knew it was gonna happen. But it sure happened earlier than anticipated.

Regardless of that I was going to buy PAL Brawl anyway since I was over putting the disc in all the time and not being able to leave the game inside the Wii. Not to mention something else that only seems to happen to my Brawl/Wii...

What I'm eager to find out is that if our PAL Brawl will contain that update that will kill the Freeloader. I'm going to go with 'yes' on that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
We all knew it was gonna happen. But it sure happened earlier than anticipated.

Regardless of that I was going to buy PAL Brawl anyway since I was over putting the disc in all the time and not being able to leave the game inside the Wii. Not to mention something else that only seems to happen to my Brawl/Wii...

What I'm eager to find out is that if our PAL Brawl will contain that update that will kill the Freeloader. I'm going to go with 'yes' on that.
Oh snap, didn't even think of that.
****. At some point they'd release a game that would kill it. And nobody likes formatting.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
putting the disc in all the time and not being able to leave the game inside the Wii. .
that's the reason i hate freeloader. Have to get up from my couch.... kneel to put in disc... wait for freeloader... and then put in brawl disc... get back to couch. So tiring :laugh:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
This sucks.

Even though I was thinking I'd get the PAL Brawl anyway, I was quite hesistant due to the fact that I've spent HOURS upon HOURS (jaz would know) unlocking all those challenges.

I'd do it in a flash if my save 'state' would work with the PAL version.

Either way, I havn't received any update, nor was queried for one (I don't think you automaticaly get updated...). Australia may be safe at the moment.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Indeed bylim5 - putting the freeloader in over and over is quite a tedious task!

This sucks.

Even though I was thinking I'd get the PAL Brawl anyway, I was quite hesistant due to the fact that I've spent HOURS upon HOURS (jaz would know) unlocking all those challenges.

I'd do it in a flash if my save 'state' would work with the PAL version.

Either way, I havn't received any update, nor was queried for one (I don't think you automaticaly get updated...). Australia may be safe at the moment.
Yeah I know how you feel. Personally I unlocked only the necessary things (stages/characters) and everything I didn't mean to get - though I did rack up 2000+ matches and while it's no big deal I never realised I played it that much so it's sorta [insert word here] to leave all that time and effort put into the game. But what can you do?

If only the save state would work. Hopefully PAL > NTSC. Then it'll be worth it in the end.

You need WC24 on for them to give you a little notification, I have mine on but my Wii is always off anyway :p You don't have to update, but when there's a game out there that will make you update otherwise you can't play, that's when it's the end of the road.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Pffft, you can get around this with an app for the Homebrew Channel can't you? As in, if you have the right app for it you don't even need the Freeloader to play Brawl.

Maybe I misheard...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You can have the homebrew channel installed, get the update and still have it (homebrew channel) work.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Hmm. Well I have the Homebrew Channel at the moment, haven't updated yet though. However they have just released the newest version of the Twilight Hack which bypasses the 3.3 update.

Top Bottom