• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention!!! We as a community have to make Ike a better character!

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice
When I think about how people are playing, I realize that in SSBB, there will be 4 types of players. If your play SSBB, you will either be a Bumb, a Noob, a Good Player, or a Great Player. In most cases though, much of this depends on what character they main, metagame, etc. Just about everything concerning a tactic or advance technique except adjusting to the situation and certain playstyle of the person they are facing. This is a problem for Ikes because most Good to Great Ikes play the same. Because of this, people think that Ike is a breeze because they see the same thing over and over. What I am proposing is that we must try everything possible with Ike to make him more than what he is now.

Because Ike does not have to many advanced techniques, we must focus on developing more and more advanced techniques. Im not saying that what has been discovered so far is not sufficient overcoming the average problems of an average player. I am saying that If Ike is to be a serious threat, we must do things that has not been done before. This means different controller setups, looking for breaks and cracks frames (if there is any) of his moves, and anything else that is not discussed on a regular basis.

In my opinion, we have become to comfortable with the way Ike is now and because of that, more people post unimportant things and killing the Ike Board. In conclusion, I propose that we post more vids, develop more topics concerning new discoveries with Ike and not being afraid to state that we are Ike players and we will demolish anybody opposer that impedes our progress to the top.

Check out my other "important" threads I posted recently:

Ike Alternative Edge Game: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178333

Mega Bait Tactic: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178314

Ike: Championship Calibur Character or Noob Buster?: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177150

No im not preaching to you. Im just trying to inspire you.

mikeb2010:
B.K.A. - Beezy
A.K.A - Kung Fu Panda (lol)

P.S.: Please respond!!!!

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Already on it... I've picked up ike as my 3rd, and hes already busting n00bs and beating some semi-pros. XD

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
We as a community have already failed.
QTF

ur boards are filled with spam. Iunno who the "we" is directed to.

Edit: didn't feel like making a new post, but comboking is colling OTHER people newbs? maybe this isn't that much like the Roy forums after all.

comboking

Smash Master
well it is the noobs that come here and do that with these stupid topics like

Mike's Jumping F-Smash thread. even though it was pretty funny

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Overall, Mike is right. We got to find something to give Ike more of an edge to compete with other characters with their varied AT's. Any bit of help would best benefit the community. And a reminder to those who gave up on Ike already (I doubt they would be back to read this, but...) the game is fairly new. It didn't come out not too long ago, and it's never too late to make new finds.

@Comboking
Match-up thread should come in handy, possibly can be better improved by adding other statistics and best stages to use as counterpick according to opposing character and and playing style, etc.

And Arturito is right. We also have to stop with pointless posts to make the board with only useful information.

comboking

Smash Master
well I am going to do that but I want to get at least a paragraph for each character before I go to much in depth. Plus I need people to give me ideas and stuff for stages. (I mean people from the other character boards)

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
This is stupid. You can't make a character better because a character's design is set in stone already. Their abilities are already set and there's nothing you can do about it. It would be meaningless to do so. I think what you mean is that people need to get better with Ike. Unfortunately, Ike isn't actually a tournament winner due to the other counter characters he has that give him major trouble (Snake and Dedede just to name a couple). Players need to get smarter. That's all. It still won't change the fact that Ike isn't a good character for the most part. There's nothing much to him in the first place.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
^
Actually half of the marth greatness is because of the community, we already discobered some things, and Emblem Lord was super hard core in the first months, now we're a bit more relaxed and not so focused in meta-game evolution, but as the grab release treat is still growing, we have a long long way.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Well, the things the few "intelligent" people in the Ike community just need to learn is that people who are new to the game will always be attracted to Ike. He seems the simplest and best of all characters. He has a low technical learning curve and has high powered moves that kill easy.
These forums will always have their share of idiots, new people, and generally confused sociopaths. They will believe Ike to be overpowered and if you tell them "No, he's actually quite mediocre..." they will verbally assault you 75% of the time. However it is through intelligent posts and modest discourse that we must not only educate these people, but go so far degrade those who speak unintelligibly about Ike's "overpowered" attacks. The moral destruction of these people, and the rejection of an online community for their stupidity might be the only thing they could ever understand.
That being said...
Have a nice day.

-DemowiI-

Smash Rookie
good point 'mikeb2010', i just got brawl...3 days ago (uk release!) im currently maining ike + pt, so this will be very helpful, great job!

null55

Smash Master

Comboking, you've made one possibly useful thread out of literally eight thousand. I'd calm down if I were you.

S.R. XXVII

Smash Ace
This is stupid. You can't make a character better because a character's design is set in stone already. Their abilities are already set and there's nothing you can do about it. It would be meaningless to do so. I think what you mean is that people need to get better with Ike. Unfortunately, Ike isn't actually a tournament winner due to the other counter characters he has that give him major trouble (Snake and Dedede just to name a couple). Players need to get smarter. That's all. It still won't change the fact that Ike isn't a good character for the most part. There's nothing much to him in the first place.
^This.

10Smokefaces

XACE-K

Smash Master
Ike won't become better but by practicing with him a lot you can make yourself a better Ike mainer and beat a good MK or Dedede if you're lucky or good enough.

mikeb2010

Smash Apprentice

It was late and I wasnt doin anything. U callin me a noob? I probably seem that way cause I dont have any vids up and I only have a lil bit of post. But trust me, I have developed a mindset when It comes to video gaming that not too many people have. Just take the time out and read my next Topic post. You'll see what I mean.

Playing for Fun??? I stand out from the crowd & and I play to WIN!!!: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179372

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It was late and I wasnt doin anything. U callin me a noob? I probably seem that way cause I dont have any vids up and I only have a lil bit of post. But trust me, I have developed a mindset when It comes to video gaming that not too many people have. Just take the time out and read my next Topic post. You'll see what I mean.

Playing for Fun??? I stand out from the crowd & and I play to WIN!!!: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179372
Don't worry comboking has 1,200 posts and hes still a nub post counts don't really matter he has made like 1 useful post so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi245 View Post
^This.

10Smokefaces
well thats kinda stupid because most AT's are glitches wavedashing wasn't put in melee on purpose. theres still a chance that he can get better even if its a small one.

eroninja562

Smash Cadet
I would say that any character can become deadly if used correctly. Not to disagree with anyone here, but, I believe Ike can be devastating. Ike mains do have to be skilled in order for anyone to take him seriously though.

d snyde

Smash Apprentice
We do need to make Ike look better. I try my best but I need to learn more. Any advice will work. Go Ike

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I' like facepalming so hard right now it's not even funny.

Mikeb was an annoying noob, that was it. Go do something useful now, dont resurrect his pointless discussions.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
^^^ Slightly Funny.

I'll help. I have a riduculous amount of useless techniques that I need to release before my brain explodes. Excuse me for saying this, but, *ahem* maybe the reason Ike isn't as great as the rest of the cast is because of his speed, and the lack of items, and his heaviness. But he does have insanely sick attacks, so this should be fun.

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
I have played Ike more than any other character but I just cant seem to play him on against pro players. U know wat its like to b almost forced to change ur main! It sux...

Calm101

Smash Rookie
i think mind games would greatly help, the thing that people don't realize is that ike can be fast.. if your saying we should try to research IKE into something that none would expect.. i agree lol

HW_Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
I k he can b fast but it doesnt leave the fact that if ur playing a indirect/defensive player ur ina BAD situation.
Or if ir playing a person who knows how Ike works its extremely difficult to win...ESPECIALLY ON WIFI Ike lags ENOUGH!

Calm101

Smash Rookie
yes but if you have the ability to adapt it shouldn't be that much of a problem i think the only problem most IKEs have is that they can't adapt to playing certain skilled characters because their tactics are narrow minded. i think this is partly to do with limitations concerning IKE, but i am very sure that there is a way around these limitations.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
If you want Ike to get a better representation ,then all the noobs here that don't go to tournaments, either start going or gtfo. Theres so much bull**** on the Ike boards, its ********.

Top Bottom