• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention to anyone who has a Dazzle

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Alright, my dad is going to format my laptop and there's nothing I can do about it. Tbh I don't really care cause I have all my files but I've lost the confirmation code for Pinnacle Studio that came with my dazzle. So when my computer gets formated I'm not going to be able to record with Pinnacle Studio anymore. I know windows movie maker is an alternative but whenever I record with WMM sound doesn't get recorded.

I have a Black Dazzle DVC100. Can someone PM me which version of Pinnacle Studio they have and the confirmation number? I don't feel like searching for hours for torrents, etc. And to anyone who says this is illegal....**** you, I legitly bought my Dazzle and I SHOULD have a legit confirmation number but I never expected my dad is be a *** and format my computer so I didn't keep my confirmation number.....tbh I don't even know if I have my disc anymore but I should be able to find a legal trial download and it should be able to be a full download once I put in the confirmation number.

If no one has their confirmation number can you at least tell me some good software that can record video/audio with a dazzle DVC100 without any watermarks, I don't really care about quality.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Since I don't have any way of verifying that you're telling the truth I'm just going to say you shouldn't be soliciting software keys regardless of your reasoning. If the computer's not yet been formatted, you should be able to find the key in an About screen or something (at least that's pretty much how everything else works). If not, sorry, but it's too late.

I'll leave this open in case anyone has recommendations for alternate software that might do the job.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really, you shouldn't be using proprietary software. If your program doesn't want you to use it, why would you?

Besides, sharing items like confirmation numbers goes down a dark murky path of questionable legality. There's never even been anything close to a court case trying the law in this area. EULA's themselves are legally questionable.

Are you under the age of 18 and in the US, Kawaii? If so, you are legally unable to consent to any kind of contract. Thus no EULA can apply to you. Everything you "agree" to has absolutely no legal weight. And since posting a simple number is certainly not copyright infringement, it would be perfectly legal for you to do so.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Since I don't have any way of verifying that you're telling the truth I'm just going to say you shouldn't be soliciting software keys regardless of your reasoning. If the computer's not yet been formatted, you should be able to find the key in an About screen or something (at least that's pretty much how everything else works). If not, sorry, but it's too late.

I'll leave this open in case anyone has recommendations for alternate software that might do the job.
If I post a picture of my dazzle (and the CD...if I can find it) will you believe me? I know the confirmation number is on the CD case which I lost.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I have the same model, but I never really used it. Just didn't meet my liking. But if you still insist, you can try contacting the company for a code. Purchase a newer Pinnacle Studios edition, or try Virtual Dub which is entirely free but requires a lot more configuration from my experience.

Top Bottom