• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Kirby Boards

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Instant bair out of shield is too good.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I prefer a SHFFL'd u-air -> d-throw -> tech chased Hammer sweetspot. Oh yeah!

Actually, the b-air approach is one of the safer and more effective ones, but Kirby's approaches are all so bad that you can freely switch among almost any of his attacks. Ha ha. Full-Jumped N-air FTW!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
lol, its all about auto-canceled Uairs, they are my new favorite things XD

But seriously, the Bair is simply better than any other approach just because it combo's into the Utilt the best. Nothing feels better than a Bair->Utilt->Full Hopped Double Bair->Utilit->Uair.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
For sure! Who doesn't like auto cancelled u-air approaches? (when they actually hit, of course)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Dair is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too punishable. More often than not you'll get shield grabbed if you approach with it(or at least, you SHOULD get shield grabbed) With Bair you are set up perfectly for Utilts and if your opponent shields the attack you may still be able to punish them with said Utilts.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I actually prefer Nair at higher damages just because the knockback is so weak that you can still combo out of it. At low damages I prefer Kirby's other, slightly more powerful moves at lower damages. Not that kirby really has any powerful moves, but you know what I mean >_>

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
It means all the lag is canceled do to landing on certain frames. I cant remember the exact frames for kirby's uair but you can auto cancel it just before and just after the attack actually comes out meaning you dont have to L-cancel it. The only problem with this is the fact that the uair only has like 3 frames of actual attack so its hard to actually hit and auto cancel with it.

Nashun

Smash Ace
Don't worry Dodger, your approach is fine. No need to start running around trying to hit people with shffl'd uairs =D=D=D

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
NASHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to come up north to play me in Kirby dittos, and then you have to go up even more north and play t!Mmy. And when you do, take me with you so I can play him too.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha. Auto-cancelled u-airs are mostly tongue-in-cheek humor because of how unlikely it is to actually be of much use... sort of like sweetspotted Hammers and Final Cutter spikes. Not to say all these things are difficult to do, just that the situations that you can use them in are few and far between.

By the way, I got two Stone KOs on someone in a single 4-stock match. Granted, it was on Yoshi's Story... still, TWO in one match. :D

Funny how Kirby is full of cornercase attacks that are hard to hit with but don't hit with any power. X-)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I love my stone. I managed to get FOUR stone hits in a row(the final one being a kill) on Onett the other day. Granted, this was by abusing the slopes and collapsible center platforms but still me and my friend were laughing our ***** off because even HE knew that that shouldn't have happened.

On a side note, stone mindgamez=best thing ever

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
The stone doesnt' slide of slanted platforms. Well at least not on the ones in Kongo Jungle 64. I wanted to mindgame onto the slanted platform but I got punished because I didn't slide. Curses, my favorite stage when I play Kirby too!

Love the stone on slants.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Fun Fact: The trees on Onett actually have slants on the sides and if your opponent doesn't realize this it can lead to an easy stone hit. Not that Onett is usually a tourney legal stage, but sometimes it is or you can use that little bit of info for friendlies. Also, I'd like to take this time to add in a disclaimer as my best friend and smash buddy mains Y.Link and has a tendency to try and Dair or grab me out of stone and I can usually time it so that he misses, thats the only reason I use stone so much. You should never attempt to use stone unless under the supervision of a professional. Misuse of Stone can lead to internal bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, dizziness and in some rare cases heart failure. Consult your physician before using Stone. Do not use Stone if you have a history of heart failure, are pregnant or may become pregnant. Do not drink while using Stone. Stone is not for everyone.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Pink Reeeeeeeeaper said:
You should never attempt to use stone unless under the supervision of a professional. Misuse of Stone can lead to internal bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, heartburn, dizziness and in some rare cases heart failure. Consult your physician before using Stone. Do not use Stone if you have a history of heart failure, are pregnant or may become pregnant. Do not drink while using Stone. Stone is not for everyone.
It seems like I am not suitible to use this Stone. I have been in many misuses and have not used it under a professional.

Seriously, Final Cutter Camping is good.

Anyways, something on topic for one. Nair ~> Tilt, I did that on Training mode today. It links up as a 2 hit combo. Bair at low damage to tilt doesn't really work after a tilt, as of linking wise. Pretty fun and proves Kirby can combo.

Off Topic:
Any approaching helps on Mario. *hysterical laugh*

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
One major problem with Nair is that it has horrible range. And I mean horrible range for Kirby, a character that never really had any good range in the first place. However Nair does combo well as it has low lag and low knock back, however I would suggest using it at slightly higher damage rather than low damages as you can combo out of stronger attacks at low damages.

As for Mario, your best bet is to, of course, spam Bair. Play the ledge as Mario has an easy to avoid projectile and an amazingly gimpable recovery so all you have to really do is get him off of the ledge. It may help to try and absorb his power as you can use it to force him to come to you(he cant out projectile you if you have the projectile) and just forgo trying to swallowcide as Mario is a 1 framer and it would only really be worth it if you already have the lead. Try not to get grabbed, Kirby is VERY easily combo'd but if you do get grabbed make sure to Duel Stick DI as your floatiness should be able to keep you from alot of combos. If you get grabbed at really low percents watch out for Dthrow -> Fsmash, Duel stick Up and towards Mario to avoid that ******** Fsmash hitbox >.<

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO final cutters.

PrinceOfDalaam

Smash Apprentice
The stone doesnt' slide of slanted platforms. Well at least not on the ones in Kongo Jungle 64. I wanted to mindgame onto the slanted platform but I got punished because I didn't slide. Curses, my favorite stage when I play Kirby too!

Love the stone on slants.
Actually, i think it's just the right slant that causes kirby to slide in stone form.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It's just the right platform on Kongo Jungle (64) that the Stone slides on. Why they made it so the other side isn't "slippery" is beyond me.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Pink Reaper] It may help to try and absorb his power as you can use it to force him to come to you[COLOR="Red said:
(he cant out projectile you if you have the projectile) [/COLOR]and just forgo trying to swallowcide as Mario is a 1 framer and it would only really be worth it if you already have the lead.
@ The Red Part: He has a cape!!!!

--

Also, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO final cutters.
Oh no!!!!!

--

I only asked because I'm going to go up against one of California's best marios Saturday or Sunday.

Could anyone tell me how to approach a missle spamming (non Smashed) Samus who crouch cancels when I SHFFL. Jumping over just gets me in trouble with smash full hopped Missles. This Samus spaces the poop out of me!!!

Final Cutter doesn't work...:urg:

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
@ The Red Part: He has a cape!!!!

--

Oh no!!!!!

--

I only asked because I'm going to go up against one of California's best marios Saturday or Sunday.

Could anyone tell me how to approach a missle spamming (non Smashed) Samus who crouch cancels when I SHFFL. Jumping over just gets me in trouble with smash full hopped Missles. This Samus spaces the poop out of me!!!

Final Cutter doesn't work...:urg:
Meh, the cape isn't that big of a deal, if anything its exploitable. Just let him keep caping(sp?) your fireballs. After a while, just start empty hopping fireballs(i.e short hop, but dont do anything other than move forward) and wave land towards him. Use the lag on the cape to get in close and get some hits in.

As for Samus, Im gonna say this: PICK THE RIGHT STAGE! I might suggest RC or Pokefloats as it can easily stop people from camping. Also, dont bother with alot of SHFFL's at low percents as you'll just get CCC'd. Go for grabs more and use Uthrow instead of Dthrow. Or play as Marth >_>

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
LOL!

I wonder how you know my secondary..............

Thanks for the help. Going to go play smash at a friend in about 2 hours. (Smash Fest)

EDIT:

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I thought of an approach that could be so cheesy enough to work. I just run up and spotdodge as my opponents launches an attack. I just use it to catch them off guard once in a while, though.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
My favorite approach is Crouch, and then Shield their incoming attack, then use a D-Tilt, then follow up with either an F-air or Grab->Down Throw->D-tilt

Demoyoshi

Smash Cadet
I think shield to Fair works best then you just find your enemy and FTILT TO DeF!
i have a question, is it possible to grabcancel kirbys dash when it lands on a platform?

Top Bottom