• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention everyone

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
i did something today that i think may become useful but i dont know how to recreate it. i wingdash and roll immediately after the the wing dash end and what i get is a glide roll.

kupo15

Smash Hero
So you rolled further than before? Was the roll before or after the Dair part of the wingdash? Did it look like a roll? Replay? What did it look like? How far did you go?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
it didn't look like a roll and it came out the same time i did the Dair.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd really love to see this in a replay or vid of some sort. I could perhaps make some use out of it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I hope you are not trolling.

I am having no luck. Are you sure it is twice the distance? Did you roll in the same direction as the wingdash?

DiosDePyro

Smash Cadet
If it is real, it sounds similar to a glide toss animation.
It's far fetched, but maybe the wings functioned as some sort of projectile?

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
yes i did roll in the same direction Kupo15. i wingdash right and roll right

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
DiosDePyro yes that what i have trying to remember 'glide toss animation' i sure its exactly the same.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
My theory is that performing a roll immediately after a wingdash so that you are still moving when you input the roll will cause you do a roll but maintain the extra momentum from the wingdash. I haven't been able to successfully recreate it either, but that's my theory.

kupo15

Smash Hero
itll be on the back burner for now. Ill try it here and there and see what happens. I hope you didn't have an item in your hand ;) You should have saved a replay. :( Better hope Corrupt fate doesn't see this or else he might say, "vid or it didn't happen" lol ^_^

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Were you wingdashing forward or backward? Did you do any wierd button inputs, like release the direction, then press it again, or reverse directions real quick. What stage was it, were you on a slope.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
the option save the replay didn't came up so i couldn't get the cave it sorry but i will still try to recreate it

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
i think it can only be done with a perfect wingdash, thats went your able to cancel the wingdash with a Uair wethout any lag

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
yes Amina,r i did do some wierd my a slip of the stick whil i was doing it and i remeber doing the wingdash backward, yes it was fd so there was no lope

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
has anyone found out how to get that extra boost after you wing, i though i heard some mention it. because i feel that a lot to do with it. Kupo? Underdog? sagemoon?

Top Bottom