• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attention Everybody Fox Has A New Patented By Me Dashshine Tech!

toga

Smash Apprentice
I know this sounds like a joke but im serious i did it myself on several ocasions here is a video of me doing it (watch the first 20 and u will see it)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kUK9Wcd0N7s

it works a little different and in my opinion alot better all you have to do is shine them the chase them and shine again the only thing is you have to be VERYfast because they can get shined either way when in melee they normaly just got shined one way and you follow up with another wavedash shine then up smash also if your not fast enough they can sheild grab you.

when i think about it their is no wavedash involved in this so I will call it dashshine but waveshine sounds better so what ever.

and for all u haters out there this DOES WORK AND THE PERSON IM FIGHTING IS NOT A NOOB

THIS WILL WORK ON ANYBODY WEITHER IT BE A 2 YEAR OLD OR MEW2KING! THE ONLY THING IS THAT IT DOSENT WORK ON PEOPLE WHO FALL DOWN AFTER THE GET SHINED ONLY PEOPLE WHO GET PUSHED BACK.

LEAVE COMENTS BEAUSE I WILL POST ANOTHER VIDEO PROVING MY CLAIM. IT WILL ALSO SHOW THE PEOPLE U CAN WAVE SHINE.

DUE TO THE FACT THAT THIS IS VERY EASY TO DO I THINK THERE WILL BE ALOT OF FOX MAINS BECAUSE OF ME. OH WELL JUST MORE FOR ME TO BEAT I GUESS HAHAH.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
hate to tell you this but this is not anything close to as good as waveshine was in melee because for one thing it doesn't always hit them the same distance backward and is therefore only useful at low percentages, is escapable (we're pretty much all noobs) and I've seen people escape from the jump shine which is faster and it doesn't even look like you're doing. Note as well that more characters fall down from the shine than they did in melee. Overall I can hardly comprehend how you can think this is comparable to waveshining other than perhaps complete ignorance. Hate to flame but somebody has to keep people from spreading false rumours of techniques around here.

Epok

Smash Ace
I figured this out yesterday too. it can be set up to do it in the same direction but I've only done it a max of 3 shines on an actual person. if you get it right you can go into to grabs, up smashes and forward smashes as well. It's OK.. but like it was said earlier its no wave shining.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
ummm this doesnt work
u have to do the jump shine
if u do it correctly there is no lag
so jumpshine, dash, jumpshine, dash
thats the way its supposed to go it usually doesnt work like u were doing it

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
o and if the samus was good and decided he wanted to shield or teched it wouldnt have worked either
its not fast enough

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I agree that it is not really a technique, and if it was it would have already been discovered since it is very similar to the jump shine.

No doubt a useful technique by applying the jump to it you will get less lag and the ability to use the shine at any point in your dash (including the initial dash). It also gives you no lag making it far more useful.

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Toga, you can get out of this. After seeing this I experimented with it... very easy to get out of. The person you're playing with is a noob because the game came out less than a week ago. Not only could me and my friend easily shield the pursuit shine, but after watching your video again you can see Samus recover and attempt to dash at you. Shielding your shine into a grab (Shield-grabbing) would've ended your "Patented" technique pretty quickly.

/thread

Timat the Slayer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...this isn't new. I'm pretty sure they made fox's reflector like that because that was such a huge part of his metagame in melee. But hey, what do I know, it's just another fox...

-Shion-

Smash Cadet
This only worked because the samus player was a ******* and had no idea how to play brawl professionally.

Sorry bro, but you DO have an OK technique there.

Keep training man, youll get there.

toga

Smash Apprentice
fine dont believe me it still works on lots of people ive fought and when they sheild i just short hop shine spam anyway so they cant attack me

toga

Smash Apprentice
also what many of u dont know is that if u do this fast enough they wont be able to get out of it even if they try to sheild grab I told u it was a simple attack and it works just as easy

Flawless

Smash Rookie
1. This is old.

2. This isn't a "technique"

3. Isn't even half as good as Waveshining was in melee.

4. There are no other ways to further exploit this so-called "technique".

Tajem

Smash Apprentice
Yeeeah, this isn't really special. No offense. It worked on your buddy there.

But anyone who knows what they're doing would have punished you for attempting a second shine.

toga

Smash Apprentice
1. This is old.

2. This isn't a "technique"

3. Isn't even half as good as Waveshining was in melee.

4. There are no other ways to further exploit this so-called "technique".

you dont have to be so mean about it :(

I just thought i found something new and got excited.

nUb_

Smash Rookie
you dont have to be so mean about it :(

I just thought i found something new and got excited.
And you ended up with your head up your *** cause your ego told you so.

Chillax, dont make yourself look like a fool anymore kay?

Top Bottom