• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Attacking Projectiles

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
This isn't going to change anybodies world here, but I noticed that zelda can attack some projectiles and cancel them out.

Specifically I've jump kicked pikachu and pit's neutral b so far..
I haven't tried it with her other attacks yet since I don't have much of a testing environment.

I know DK as a character relies on this sort of tactic fairly frequently, but I don't know if it is something that every character can pull off.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Either every character or nearly every character can do it.
Usually Zelda doesn't try to rely on that tactic, because she has Nayru's Love for punishing projectiles. Also, Din's fire destroys every projectile i can think of.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Either every character or nearly every character can do it.
Usually Zelda doesn't try to rely on that tactic, because she has Nayru's Love for punishing projectiles. Also, Din's fire destroys every projectile i can think of.
Nayruu's Love = really bad for approaching. Sometimes you want to approach with Zelda. That, and against, say, Pit, he can avoid the NL first, then fire again in the downtime it has.

S2

Smash Lord
This could be done in Melee as well and it wasn't character specific.

When attacks of certain priority hit each other, they cancel each other out.

That being said, many projectiles were of the priority (low) that they could be hit away with an attack. This is why if Doc was pill pushing you, you could simply approach by hitting the pills one by one.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I only started playing with brawl, so I'm not bringing any melee experience to the table.

I've messed around with donkey kong a little bit, and his bair (which comes out really quick) can actually cancel out a dins fire if he hits it. It seems true what was said about this not really being a zelda tactic.

She is the queen of projectiles so for the most part her specials will deal with it better.

Top Bottom