• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atl south yugioh players

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I'll Register and play. Been a year or so since I played "competitively".
Registration is closed. Any reason why?

Rayku

Smash Lord
If you want a thinking card game, play Magic. Yugioh's really simple and has a lot of "More of the same" going for it.

I still think it's mad fun, though. I'd play with you if you had real cards. Yugioh online is boring to me :(

nicaboy

Smash Champion
there doing the smash boards thing. temporary disabled. try tommorow :(

sorry guys rayku id be down to play you but im not using real money to buy cards lol.

snippa yup hamachi is hella great. i use it fo melty blood

never gave magic a chance lol

Rayku

Smash Lord
Well, nicaboy, if you wanted to play a game and actually get smarter, play Magic.

If you want to stick to playing like little girls, Yugioh's for you.

You should play Yugioh Virtual Dueling (YVD) I don't use money to buy real cards either, my deck is constructed from a long time's worth of conning people out of trades :p

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I haven't been keeping up too much with the current metagame in Yu-Gi-Oh, but I have been told that there has been a lot more variety in overall deck themes.

I've never played Magic, but I've heard things about cookie-cutter decks and ninjas.

Pokemon is a real man's card game though.

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Laijin: That's not true at all. Once someone has the advantage, one person can draw one card that completely starts the game over in their favor. I.E. Mirror Force

Laijin

Smash Hero
@Rayku.
Uhh. From my memory, they started banning majority of the game changing cards. Black Hole, Monster Reborn, etc etc. The list is endless. So because of that, usually thats what happens.

I still have my old burn beat down deck. Its pretty alright still.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah I know what you mean. They did start banning that stuff. My personal favorite game-turn-arounder was Cyber Jar.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
@Laijin: That's not true at all. Once someone has the advantage, one person can draw one card that completely starts the game over in their favor. I.E. Mirror Force
IE Snatch Steal. IE CED IE (insert card here).

Yugioh is an awful TCG which revolves around money, stealing, cheating, and luck based topdecks. Prize support is also nothing compared to that of MTG.

MTG has, and always will be, the greatest TCG to ever exist. I've been to more shonen jumps, nationals, or regionals than maybe ever smasher combined. Trust me when I say yugioh is bad.

The MTG community is also not nearly as stuck up as the yugioh community. Try going to a shonen jump, and see how many pretentious little ****heads try and come off as if their **** doesn't stink.

Then you have the top players. A majority of top players indeed stack cards like you wouldn't believe. it's sad. it's also very annoying. Ever heard of Adam Corn? Emon? John Labounty? (insert OD member here)? Infact, any consecutive SJC is generally a stacker. Adam corn being the biggest. I vowed to never play again until he was banned for life. Then Konami came in and took over. Personally, they're doing an awful job if you ask me. The format will never be as good as it was from 2005-2007.

I can tell you everything about this game.

TL;DR - Yugioh is an awful excuse of a game, MTG is super amazing. **** TCG games and play Poker.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I was wondering when Cash Mooney would get in here and type a ridiculous paragraph about the game LOL

You should give me the benefit of the doubt, Mooney. I know quite a bit about it too :)

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Eew, Yugioh...Play Magic, or the Pokemon TCG.

If you like the way Yugioh makes you think, then you'll LOVE how MTG makes you think.

Yugioh = Brawl
whereas
MTG = Melee

is the best comparison I could think of.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yugioh's more like Brawl in the sense that every character that's playable in tournament is Metaknight and Snake

And we can't forget about random-*** rulings that never existed (and still shouldn't) that will overcome a legitimate play you make.

Think of them like Snake's uptilt

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
delinquent duo, confiscation, forceful sentry, drop off, don zaloog, yata

yeah i locked your ****
its gay but i love annoying people

too bad all those cards are banned now, which is why i quit, cant stand banned ****

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
yugioh is not half of maghic and not a quarter of chess. ill kick *** in chess ppl, moneymatch me real quick

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah Don Zaloog's a man.

There was some card called Magic Excavation of Stones or something that went for $160+ because it was really hard to get and in the world champ's deck.

Two months later it was released as a common. Reminds me of when Shrink had only 4 copies in the world, and was released in the following Shonen Jump edition

Top Bottom