• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Astral Projection and the Third Eye

CHUK

Smash Ace
Idk, I just wanted to see what people have to say about this, I have read about it and find it an interesting read.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think he's talking about people getting into such a deep state of meditation that they have an out of body experience. Or he's talking about people shooting laser beams out of their heads. I can't tell which.

But I haven't even gotten the basics of meditation down, so I don't have much thoughts on it.

L__

Smash Master
Has anyone here ever fell asleep trying to meditate? I know it happened to me at least once.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I study and read about the paranormal.
Astral Projection is basically an esoteric interpretation of an out-of-body experience achieved either awake or by lucid dreaming or deep meditation.
I find it an awesome experience.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I'm an otherkin - although a very inactive one in the community and I know many of them talk about astral projection where they're back in their "true form" in some "plane." Me? I'm quite skeptical of what seem to be drug-induced claims, and something about the whole ordeal just plainly sends shivers down my spine.

IDK, those sorts of things, it just feels wrong to engage in that if it were true. It gives me the same vibe as the Ouija board, and yeah, many otherkin claim to have had... disturbing things follow them back after they did do all this astral projection.

I'm still a skeptic though, but I can't explain why it just disturbs me so much either; I don't even believe in good or evil.

Organous

Smash Apprentice
It disturbs you because everything I've read shows that it can be significantly dangerous. I've attempted it many times, and the most I've achieved is just feeling "at one" with everything around me. That only occurs because I stay in one state for a long enough time that my body actually becomes naturally accustomed to the unchanging sensory input. In layman's terms, it's like wearing a glove for a long long long long time; eventually it feels like your own hand.
My desire to perform this is purely one of exploration & enlightenment. I don't believe doing this will help me become a better person or that it will unlock my "true self." If, however, I can do this, I'll be able to get into most places without fear of retaliation or violating any law. I'd have to keep any maliciousness out, though, as that would make me a weapon against myself. I wouldn't be surprised if our military actually uses astral projecters to look into dangerous places.
Anyway, I haven't attempted this in a long time because I've already tried too often without success. Should I find someone who does have experience with this, I'll definitely look for guidance, but this is on hold for now.

Top Bottom