• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assumptions aren't cool.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Really, they aren't. Everyone seems to be thinking that the fact that Olimar has an innovative moveset means he's crap, and that he'll be low tier. Which is something we can't know at all. Leave it to Sakurai to make a cool character out of him, and stop spouting random assumptions.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'd love to see him top tier. Then again maybe I want him low so I can use him and make people go "wtf"

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why do people deliberately use low tiers just to be different..? You people are the Emos of the Smash world..

Anyway, people are just cranky at being proved wrong. They probably couldn't think of a good moveset for him, and then thought that because they couldn't, Sakurai couldn't.

Now they're all taking the huff and are just running about this place b****ing.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to main him. Unless, yknow, he sucks REALLY REALLY REALLY bad. If that's the case i'll end up using red overalls-Wario

walkskyluker115

Smash Apprentice
Back to the topic of the thread, it's no use making assumptions and arguing over them when there's no way to know untill the game comes out. Just wait till Fubuary 10th people!

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
Depending on how they implement Pikmin, both in spawning and in his moves (which we have little to no idea about), Olimar could be very good or very bad. He could be one of those characters that really takes a long time relative to more straightforward characters for his true power and ability to become apparent.

Monkeyjr352

Smash Cadet
We don't really know enough about olimar, or even the entire game for that matter, to making assumptions at all. I think it is best to wait to do any judging until we have had a chance to actually play the game. It is ok to have ideas, but don't judge something by how a four pictures look.

Monkeyjr352​

Rune

Smash Lord
Any of you ever play Guilty Gear? Eddie/Zato-1 is the best char in the game.. he summons a demon (his shadow) which attacks by letting go of an attack button, while the actual character attack when pushing the attack button. This makes for some really wacky and innovative gameplay, yet he's top tier, it happens.

Just because Ice Climbers weren't that good in Melee, doesn't mean chars like Pokemon Trainer and Olimar are gonna be bad.

Just because Ice Climbers weren't that good in Melee, doesn't mean chars like Pokemon Trainer and Olimar are gonna be bad.
What? Ice Climbers weren't top tier, but they weren't far down either.

Anyway, about Olimar. I am with anyone else hoping that he will be a good character, but we cannot pretend that everybody will be even with one another. Some characters will be better than others and someone will inevitably be deemed the worst. There is nothing to suggest that Olimar will be that character, but there isn't anything to suggest he won't. It could happen.

Top Bottom