• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Assistance?

Spital

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to assist me in improving upon my Falco (As In play me online). I have multiple friends from where I live who also play the game but I find I am the only one who actually looks into their character and improves on what I know so I gain nothing from fighting them. Im not asking you to make me amazing or anything I am just asking for someone who I can play to get some constructive criticism.

Thank you very much.

PS. I can supply a ventrilo if you would prefer voice chat, but I also have MSN and all that jazz.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Well, we need to know what to help you with...
If you need help with Falco in general... you can check out the basics on a great guide by AlmightyPancake....
There's also a bunch of videos of great players such as Yeniths and Sethlon...

Spital

Smash Rookie
Thats just it, I have no idea what I need to improve upon due to I make complete jokes out of my friends because Im the only one who watches videos or reads guides. I just don't think my timing is all that great and I don't really know when to be defensive or offensive and I find its more of a personal issue rather then one I can visibly realize.

Sorry I didnt make original post clear about how I want someone to play against

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Well then, you and I have similar problems haha...
I often find myself debating whether to play defensive or offensive in certain situations... and I think the only way to get over this is by experience...
I've started playing on GameBattles... a lot... and I think the experience I get from playing so many different players (though the wi-fi lag is terrible sometimes) has really helped with my timing, spacing, and approaching...
Hopefully some of the better players will be able to give you more advice, doesn't seem like I was very helpful

Spital

Smash Rookie
Actually it has helped me a bit I never really thought of actually playing people who are decent at the game (stupid I know) because I didnt want to make a fool of myself but there is no way im going to improve playing people who I can easily 3 stock.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, I suppose that's true...
And I don't think you'll make a fool of yourself, a lot of the people here (Smashboards) and on Gamebattles are really friendly... (unless you claim to have an Advance Technique in the Tactical Discussion forum... then everyone goes crazy)
But yea, experience is the key...
Glad I helped... a bit :D

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'll be glad to help you out via WiFi sometime, providing the lag is horrendous send me your FC then I'm sure we'll work something out.

Experience is the key here, the more real life people you face, the better, in person this is usually better, as its much easier to discuss your matches this way, and you will be unaffected by lag. See who plays smash locally in your area, try and meet up with them, if your in a big city your bound to find good players, and I'm sure they'll be more then welcome to give advice.

Top Bottom