• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aspect ratio on hdtv

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ok, so hdtv's lag because the resolution is different from that of a gamecube.

my TV has the availiability to choose a different aspect ratio <which so im told, can fix the problem>

i can either do 4:3, or 16:9 <and a couple of other options which i think are just varied just as zoomed in ones or something>

am i right in saying that, playing on 4:3, instead of 16:9 as i usually do <on my panasonic th42p tv>, this should at least reduce the lag?

i tried playing on both - never really noticed the diference <as fox> - and ive never noticed a difference between HD and normal <because i switch between the two so often> so im not so sure whats going on.

DRD

Smash Lord
What kind of question is that? I tried it and the lag didn't change. If I didn't feel it change, it didn't change. And if it did change then it was so nominal that it didn't even matter.

Razed

Smash Ace
Well if you can't feel the change, what use would the change be if it was there anyway?

Top Bottom