• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Artsy Omni "Smashifies" Shovel Knight

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Artsy Omni, famed creator of the fake Rayman leak, has released another character shown in Smash form. This time however it's no secret that the character is fake and that Artsy Omni is just showing off his skill . The video below shows him taking Shovel Knight the character from the highly successful self titled game developed and published by Yacht Club Games. Check out the brilliance of Artsy Omni by watching below! If you want to see more of Artsy Omni you can check out his Twitter and his Deviant art account.

SmashCapps wishes he had these kinds of art skills! Follow him on Twitter and link him to the best Smash fan art.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Eyyyy. I saw this earlier. Seriously feeding that craving for an Indie Smash Bros. yo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It'd be really cool to see some of the big name DLC requests Smashified; characters like King K. Rool or Isaac, #smashified, would be awesome and a nice treat to their supporters.

Though I'll enjoy whatever he does. Would love to see him do Sylux though...please? (:

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Thanks so much for the kind words! Especially in light of the fact that I'm a massively inconsiderate jerk. =P

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Thanks so much for the kind words! Especially in light of the fact that I'm a massively inconsiderate jerk. =P
First time seeing the "making of leak" video:

I forgive your inconsiderateness on account of how well you did it.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
It'd be really cool to see some of the big name DLC requests Smashified; characters like King K. Rool or Isaac, #smashified, would be awesome and a nice treat to their supporters.

Though I'll enjoy whatever he does. Would love to see him do Sylux though...
People might say we want insignificant characters but I say Sylux is a brilliant character who has the capacity to fulfill the much needed "similarly-sized rival" role for Samus that Ridley can't.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Oh come on, what possible reason would people think of you that way?
Maybe the fact that I put together an elaborate hoax as an extremely self-centered way to promote myself and my work, effectively destroying thousands of people's hopes in the process? =P

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
Maybe the fact that I put together an elaborate hoax as an extremely self-centered way to promote myself and my work, effectively destroying thousands of people's hopes in the process? =P
I wouldn't worry about it - just a bunch of nerds with too much time on their hands. You'll be surprised how quickly people can get over these kinds of things ;)

Trigspro789

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trigspro789
3DS FC
3566-2013-0217
Even if omni did hide the fact that he made this, I honestly still wouldn't have believed it.:yeahboi:

steelxawesome

Smash Rookie
Love these so much :love:
Omni is just as good as the official smash artists, if not better!
Keep up the AMAZING work! I'll be waiting until the next episode :bluejump:

You restored hype in the game, and that is a MAJOR feat! Besides the real smash leak, you created the best leak I have ever seen!
Hype > Hopes

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
This stuff is cool. Can you imagine a Smash that's not Nintendo centric? With a character or two from every major company? My wet dream.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I mean.........wow. Just....it went from a decent looking drawing all the way to an HD image.....like wow. I have yet to witness the power of the digital arts.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
That's pretty amazing. Now I need to play Shovel Knight, a game I've bought 4 months ago for the Wii U and never touched it. :4duckhunt:

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
It make me wonder 1 day hes gonna make a fake leak of teh real thing :/

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
That's pretty amazing. Now I need to play Shovel Knight, a game I've bought 4 months ago for the Wii U and never touched it. :4duckhunt:
I just started playing it yesterday. It's sooooo gooooood. Dat feeling when you actually have to hit the start button to start the game.... amazing. XD

My hope is that Nintendo sees these renders and gets ideas for DLC characters from them. That'd be awesome!

But a very nice job once again. These are entertaining to see and can't wait for more!

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
You don't know how bad I want this to be real. Too bad Sakurai has such a bad taste for anything outside of Japan or things that are popular in America (see Donkey Kong)

Shin F.

Smash Master
You don't know how bad I want this to be real. Too bad Sakurai has such a bad taste for anything outside of Japan or things that are popular in America (see Metroid)
Fixed :p

Yeah, someone was making a Shovel Knight over Toon Link mod at Kitty Corp. When I first saw this render earlier at another place, I thought it was made from that. :p

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Anyone else feel that shovel knight should have been the trophy to represent the indie genre instead of commander video?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Man, It's hard making a choice on which character I want to see Smashified. SO MANY GOOD OPTIONS TO THE POINT WHERE I'M LOSIN MA SALF!1!! IM GOIN CRAZY!!1:joyful:

Mega Man Zero, Lloyd Irving, Sora, soo many good ones...:c

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fun stuff! That's very, very good, @ Artsy Omni Artsy Omni ! It's really amazing the amount of work that went into it. Here's to hoping that Smashified becomes an actual series! And that Isaac, Mach Rider, and Toon Zelda gets Smashified!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hey, we argue a hell of a lot, but we are all basically family here, so no worries. Besides, I questioned it because of lack of gameplay footage anyway.

On a side note, Shantae request plz.

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Eyyyy. I saw this earlier. Seriously feeding that craving for an Indie Smash Bros. yo.
You've probably heard of Rivals of Aether before, right. I remember reading Dan Fornace say that he's like to have some indie guest characters in his game, and said that "We have some indie friends who are interested" or something along those lines. So yea, it's an indie game inspired by Smash, that may get some other indie characters to appear in it. We'll see!

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Too good.

I'm so amazed at how you can just take a blank canvas and create something like this, it's incredible.

Wish I could draw, but I guess i'm just not one of those people

Top Bottom