• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Art of Zelda (For IZAW)

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
It's neither a B-reverse nor a Love jump.

For it to be a B-reverse, she has to turn around and you can see that she still has her back to Bowser after the animation is finished. Furthermore, a B-reverse also reverses your momentum and her momentum was already going in the direction of Bowser when she input Nayru's Love which means a B-reverse would ahve changed her momentum such that she would be moving away from Bowser and would have turned to face him. For it to be a Love jump, she has to have her second jump and be in tumble and she used her second jump and wasn't in tumble. Maybe it's some weird interaction between NL and flamethrower's windbox? I'm not too sure honestly.

I'd bet it has something to do with her interaction with that windbox since she does already interact with the hitbox (she takes 2% from it) meaning she ought to be interacting with the windbox as well.

BJN39 BJN39 can you help?

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
From the looks of it, the Zelda merely did a "Love Boost/Jump." As most Zeldas remember how in Brawl, Love jump gave a vertical boost but in SSB4 it zips you sideways with no vertical boost. Jump obviously doesn't really work well as a name considering how it works in SSB4, so I call it boost instead.

If you look closely, the Zelda player did Nayru's twice. The first time she got hit before the reflect frames, then the second time they boosted sideways.

I'm under the impression the player must have accidentally performed a jump+direction while spamming B, and managed to become intangible before getting hit again and got this as a result.

Really odd to manage such a perfect boost in the midst of fire breath, but that seems to be the case. Replicating this particular instance is improbable. Love Boosts do exist though.

PGH_Chrispy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Geliaron
From the looks of it, the Zelda merely did a "Love Boost/Jump." As most Zeldas remember how in Brawl, Love jump gave a vertical boost but in SSB4 it zips you sideways with no vertical boost. Jump obviously doesn't really work well as a name considering how it works in SSB4, so I call it boost instead.

If you look closely, the Zelda player did Nayru's twice. The first time she got hit before the reflect frames, then the second time they boosted sideways.

I'm under the impression the player must have accidentally performed a jump+direction while spamming B, and managed to become intangible before getting hit again and got this as a result.

Really odd to manage such a perfect boost in the midst of fire breath, but that seems to be the case. Replicating this particular instance is improbable. Love Boosts do exist though.
Yep, this is it. Compare the boost from the match to the demo of love jumping in this video, it's almost identical: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo_ZkdDoWU8. If you think about it, it's not that hard to do if you know what you're trying to do.

Top Bottom