• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Art management- Shulk moveset analysis (Current move: D-throw)

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Btw, due to the recent spread of damage buffs to our tilts & aerials on top of the 2 frame reduction of landing lag to our aerials, should we rediscuss ratings & applications for these moves? Frame data in terms of startup & endlag weren't changed as far as we're aware atm remained unchanged, but just askin'.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Do we. . . .do we discuss Shulk's miscellaneous moves? As in, our Ledgeattack, Floor attacks from the front & back, & Trip attack from the front or back.

Personally I wouldn't want to discuss any of them. They're just filler moves for options you could choose to use, but they're not great options. Ledgeattack for some reason doesn't match the hitbox range you see visually results in an underwhelming move. They nerfed Floor attack's shield damage modifier a few patches ago, so ever since then Buster Floor attacks breaking shields have been a broken dream. And Trip attack is rarely possible until you play against a force-tripping move like Banana Peel or Wario's sourspot dash attack.

I think the aerials would get a re-discuss more than anything, seeing that they all got a 2 frame lag reduction on landing & 0.5% damage buff.

And because Vanilla Shulk's damage rose, the Monado arts benefit from it as a whole. I made a post about it here, but:
Monado Speed got +0.4% stronger.
Monado Shield got +0.35% stronger.
Monado Buster got +0.7% stronger.
Monado Smash got +0.25% stronger.

Basically, Monado Buster Uair & Dair just got much more interesting, especially Dair now dealing a lot more damage on top of that slight landing lag reduction to make this move much safer on block while taking a chunk of it in the process.

Top Bottom