• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrows For The Win?

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
its true... i tried learning fox, and i would start waking up with leg cramps... save yourself now... or prepare to wake up at 3 am in agonizing pain...

Metà

Smash Master
Ehh, I've got really good control over the anthro, I practice with him all the time. And I'm not just a high tier who-re, I use every character. If it's any consolation, I enjoy playing YL more, but pissing people off with cheap shine janx is just sooo much fun! ^ ^

Chip.

you know what to do
From Meta's post: Young Link, Marth, Link, Mario, and many, MANY others.

NOTE: I repeat that I ONLY use Young Link in tournaments and no one else, in any case or any match up. My secondaries are only used during friendlies and maybe if I'm feeling lucky, a MM, but I still use Young Link for those too. I'm still highly skilled with them, but I stick with my one true charachter, Young Link. I have that much honor/skill or how ever you want to call it. So take that for what you will.

Chip.

you know what to do
Wow, chill out guys. I only use Marth because he is so g*y and has no originality at all. He is easily the g*yest charachter in the game and has the most h*mosexual fighting style as well. 'Do I like him?'-No. 'Do I like fighting him?'-H*ll no.' Do I like to occasionally being esp. g*y and use him?'-maybe, rarely.

So there, I don't think there is any reason to hate me now right o.O? And remember...

Chip=Young Link only

Metà

Smash Master
I never said I hated you, calm down bro. It's just that I have lost so many matches to Marth players. I once lost 5$ (MM) because he CG'd me the entire match. That's the worst feeling ever; how can someone live with themself after something like that--he practically stole my money. However, I must tell you about how I triumphantly pizowned a Marth player in a recent tourney. Gather round, chill'uns, it's story time!

Round one: I know he's picking Marth, so I go Sheik, thinking he's my best Marth counter. Random stage is FD; two-stock ****, ugh.
Round two: I counterpick Rainbow Cruise, he picks Marth. Thinking I'm going to lose horribly anyway, I go with Game & Watch. WHAM BAM SHABAM two-stocked, son! No kidding!
Round three: We ignore Dave's Stupid Rule and go FD again so we can do a Falco ditto. His friend is rattling on about how much he's practiced these Falco dittos. An intense match, to say the least, but I get off an intense pillar combo right near the edge, 30-death. Truly one of my greatest victories ever.

Well, I hope you enjoyed that story, it was quite the ego trip. lol ^ ^

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
do arrows go through falcos lazers? I know they go through fox's they just slow down. But does they go through falcos? or they just stop?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Whats all this talk about arrows not being good for edge guarding? Against players who recover high alot and characters who won't eat your arrow with their up B, you can use the arrow to stun them to make sure you'll hit your n-air without missing.
Bombs are also good. Actually better against characters who eat arrows with their up-b.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Arrows are great for stoping samus's recovery, you can just hit away her bombs and she falls. Also arrows can edge gaurd from long distances that the bomb and boomerang cannot reach.

Top Bottom