• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrows For The Win?

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Well I love projectiles, we all know how effective the bommerang is, and how verstile the bomb is, but what does everyone thing about the bow? Myself personally I'm an Elvish Archer with Young Link, however I NEVER! have to time to charge the bow (except when I'm playing around in a friendly). I can use the bow pretty effectiveily in serious play. Any ideas about this, such as do you use the bow well? Do you use the bow often? Any particullar strategies that work well with the bow?

Chip.

you know what to do
When anyone mentions "use Young Link's projectiles", they mean all of his projectiles. The bow should be the least used projectile but still a good item all the same. The bow is just a quick snap that's not used for packing in great punches, but for a small stun And for a fully charged attack, sometimes. You can charge up a full bow shot by waiting by an edge and edgegaurdig with it. Or hit them with a run A attack, when they hit the ground, charge up the bow and then shoot them. The bow emits them on fire and bounces them up into the air which can be used for some small combos.

sh-B>run A=Is an effective combo to pull off.
or...
B>SHFFL'd nair=is also good.

The bow is not useless by any means whatsoever. It's also good for just keeping opponents backed-off. Shoot an arrow straight at them and then they'll want to sheild, the arrow hitting them causes stun on the sheild. Be creative and go up, grab em' or whatever. Just remember the bow is another handy dandy tool to add to Young Link's utility belt.

Ximrecuf, I want to see some Young Link vids soon.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
Oh god you wouldnt want to see me play, my bestfriend wants to put some vids of me and him playing to demonstrate how annoying I am. All I do is run away and drag the match on and on weather im losing or winning. Eh I used to try and edge gaurd with the bow, but it just doesnt seem as effective as an nair or dtilt. Also chip. you got any vids of your young link?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The best time to fire an arrow is while recovering from being hit high in the air (and horizontally off the stage); it grants plenty of time to charge it and disrupt any enemy edge-guarding attempts.

Chip.

you know what to do
No, arrows aren't too effective as edgegaurd :p. But if you got a big dude like Ganondorf coming back from the edge, then it's always easy and fun to shoot them and watch them squirm cuz' of there bulky size. If their far away, it'll give them some more trouble coming back.

Anytime after the 20th is when you can see my Young Link play.

I don't care, I want to see vids. It doesn't matter if your really good or really bad. If your bad, then I can help you on things you need to work on. If your good, I'll compliment you =).

That's useful, when your above the stage but off the edge, fire an arrow to stop them edgegaurding. If your even farther back, use a bomb.

200th post wh00t!

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
(awww... your best friend...) And when i charge that video camera, the whole world will see how annoying those dang bombs can be...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
No, arrows aren't too effective as edgegaurd :p
I hope you aren't referring to my post... I was referring to preventing the opponent from edge-guarding Young Link, not the other way around... >_>

Chip.

you know what to do
No, I'm talking about actually "edgegaurding", like how it says :p.

That's useful, when your above the stage but off the edge, fire an arrow to stop them edgegaurding. If your even farther back, use a bomb.
This is when I'm refering to what you said. Which really is useful.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
*inserts dentures*

Man, I'm getting too old for this.

Chip.

you know what to do
Srry, didn't mean to confuse.

April 8 through 14? That's not even a week. I hope we can set a tourney up then.

Uh..., wrong thread, srry evrybody.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
chu12ch is weak, weak like my inner shins...
I supose that would be a good idea to shoot arrows while im trying to recover from off the stage, never really thought of that.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice

Jash

Smash Lord
Um..its not sped up. I don't know how it looks sped up but its not, we did nothing but put the video on Youtube. Anyway i hope this helped you out bro.

Metà

Smash Master
I should post some of my AR matches I've had with Rusty Shacklefurd. Rapid-fire arrows are the shiz! ^ ^

Also, Samus dittos on Adventure Big Blue, moveswap fights, and wireframe fights yay!

Jash

Smash Lord
Im trying to answer you question the most that i can. So every video that i have with me killing people because of the arrow, i will put up here.

Chip.

you know what to do
Your Young Link is spectacular. The arrow was sort of cool, not that rare for something like that to happen, but your Young Link overall is just really good. >.>

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
chip. where you vids at? my friend finally charged his camera so once I get outa this smash drought I'll have some vids up.

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
good use for arrows? shoot one on the floor infront of you and laugh at Chu12ch while his iceclimbers blindly shoot their iceburgs into it. Good old arrows. Any other projectiles the arrows stop effectively?

Metà

Smash Master
good use for arrows? shoot one on the floor infront of you and laugh at Chu12ch while his iceclimbers blindly shoot their iceburgs into it. Good old arrows. Any other projectiles the arrows stop effectively?
That's what I was referring to when I said it stops Puff's rollout. It can also make a Falcon or Ganondorf prematurely release their side-B. Mindgames wtf!

ximrekcuf

Smash Apprentice
thats kool, stupid ganon, that helps me alot. my friend main's ganon now, but he usually doesnt use his side+b move. I see what you mean now by block jiggs rollout, i tryed it today. lolz.

Metà

Smash Master
Too awesome.

Who do you main with Meta?
Purin, Fox, Sheik, Falco, Doc, in that order. I have a rally technical Fox now; frame perfect waveshines, super-gay shine spike low percent kills/combos, weird/crazy tricks/mindgames. Fox is quickly becoming my favourite character...but I love Purin so much! ^ ^

Top Bottom