• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Chasing

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I started practicing "Arrow Chasing" awhile ago but due to my college schedule was unable to post any matches containing it until now.

Check (4) at roughly 3:10-:20 to see what I mean. It's easier to show as oppose to describe. lol

This (9)also contains Arrow Chasing though if I remember correctly it failed. There's plenty of arrow stuff here. New Port Aero Drive seems to be a decent stage for Pit. Hope it's legal. ^_^

EDIT: Also see (7) at roughly 1:40-:45. Here I use it as a distraction. This is my first recorded kill using this technique.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Very cool. I have been practicing the arrow loop and have been getting better. I'm going to going to use this more when I chase people off the edge. I would like to play you sometime. Being the Pit player in my group of friends, I don't have much practice against Pit's at all. I don't know how you feel about Wifi matches! ;)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Hate them. LOL But I do "lessons" on Wifi, but no matches.

But anyway I'm going to try working ACWPBair soon... Arrow Charge - Wing Pivot -Back Air. (Hopefully the acronyms will become common knowledge one day so we won't have to type it all out. v_v

kupo15

Smash Hero
Haha, me too but I don't mind them too much, it is better than vs a cpu or match with anyone. So I assume you have no problems finding human opponents. Me neither except when I go home from college. Then it becomes a little problematic.
I am going to practice this arrow chasing. Also, I think it was you who said that you can control arrows with the slightest joystick movement so that it doesnt really affect your movement. How well are you doing with this?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Good enough to hide the fact I'm controlling an arrow. However I've rarely done it in a match. I'm more concerned with the execution of the technique then I am hiding it.

Tickle: Just practice at controlling the arrow and realizing what options you have during each part of controlling the arrow.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If it's just a "Fancy" Arrow Looping, then I shouldnt be that nervous upon trying it. I'll see what I can do but It will be hard, since i face aggressors.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol I did an ALx2 as a taunt while on my last stock and behind while my opponent was back to life. Talk about being cocky. ^_^

btw it's on 04-06-08 (9), my latest video to date.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I want to know too, how do you do all that, ACWPbair? I have the world's crappiest connection, and temporarily almost no access to a Wii, so I can't exactly just figure it out for myself.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wow im impressed with the arrow looping, I havent been on the character discussion boards much at all, so im still getting used to all the technical terms like wing cancel, wing pivot and such, I still dont get them -_-; ill try and figure them out, ill practice that arrow looping too :p

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
ACWPBair = Arrow Chase - Wing Pivot - Back Air.

It's not very difficult though. Just takes practice. All the advice on that part I can give. >_<

kupo15

Smash Hero
I just wanted to say that this is a very good application of arrow looping. I have killed someone using this technique without much practice. What make it great is that this is effective even when they know it is coming because
1. if they get hit, you can follow up with an attack while they are stunned
2. If they dodge, they leave themselves open.

Very good AT that I will practice more.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You'll see in some of my matches I'll be putting out this weekend that the arrow will pass through me and block Jasona's attacks, not only saving me but leaving him wide open. Samus' dash attack falls victim to this.

However I've begun doing it so consistently that Jasona has actually developed a counter to it. The Zair will eat through the arrow and nail me, thus nerfing this AT. But heck, this is only against one character so not a big deal.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Arrow Chasing is demonstrated in UndrWorld 2.2 which is being released tonight.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I have incorporated this into my strategy and it has worked wonders so far. When are the best situations to do this? I don't want to overuse this especially since I feel slightly slower and vulnerable waiting for the arrow to loop.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've gotten to the point that I do it to annoy my opponent. Do it whenever you feel you can get away with it. lol

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
It does sound nice for that but I'm still a little sketchy on how useful it can be for hitting it looks like it would confuse you as much as them but it does look way cool. a real feast for the eyes

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol No it's not confusing in the least actually. It becomes second nature after awhile.

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
Well im still practicing using it on final destination which is annoying :mad: i find it fun to shoot 1 arrow sraight ahead and loop it back so that it comes from behind me then shooot another so that 2 arrows are about as close as possible than i try to hit enemies with both arrows at once (or close enough).Ive never ever seen anyone do it but me ill try to add link of me doing it later.

Top Bottom